Resource icon

[SCC] Simple Donations 1.0.0

No permission to download

Adam K M

Adam K M submitted a new resource:

[SCC] Simple Donations - A super-simple, basic, add-on that adds a donation widget to your sidebar!

A super simple donation add-on for xenForo. Requires manual updating of the progress bar when you receive donations. Supports any donation system (ie. Paypal) that gives you HTML buttons to be rendered, which need to be pasted in the add-on options.

While the add-on is capable of handling high volume amounts of donations (after all, donations are done entirely through 3rd party links), manually updating the progress bar after every...

Read more about this resource...

Looks amazing, wish i found this before i buy a premium one. :p

Edit: There's only one problem, you can't generate Donate button unless you are a premier user, why wouldn't you add a button like all other add-on? :(

Last edited:
Looks amazing, wish i found this before i buy a premium one. :p

Edit: There's only one problem, you can't generate Donate button unless you are a premier user, why wouldn't you add a button like all other add-on? :(
What do you mean you have to be a premier user (My account is a business account, but that's 100% free and I can generate a donate button)?

The reason I opted not to enter a generator was because creating an encrypted Paypal button was a lot of work, and whereas I could generate a Paypal button that wasn't encrypted, certain details such as your email would be visible (through the form), making your Paypal email available for all - not something I want people to unknowingly walk into.

What do you mean you have to be a premier user (My account is a business account, but that's 100% free and I can generate a donate button)?

The reason I opted not to enter a generator was because creating an encrypted Paypal button was a lot of work, and whereas I could generate a Paypal button that wasn't encrypted, certain details such as your email would be visible (through the form), making your Paypal email available for all - not something I want people to unknowingly walk into.

I don't know if my account is business or not but i'm using it for long time now, also it says verified and i have been using it with all my XenForo upgrade and payments.

Here's the options i get when i try to make a button:

s8aEHp1.png

I do not believe they allow you to make a donation button on a standard account. A Premier one from what I understand is one that sells items, the same as a business one but without a company linked to it?

@Collapsible Myth you'd need to create a custom widget that renders/includes the Simple Donations template - SCC_SimpleDonations

Normally this would be included with the following code:
Code:
<xen:include template="SCC_SimpleDonations" />
I haven't looked into widget framework yet, but maybe in the future once I get a lot of free time, I'll get it working.

Hi @Adam K M

Installed this and someone donated $20 about 40 minutes ago. However, still doesn't reflect in the sideblock widget. I used your above template example to create the widget block itself but it hasn't updated to show the $20 donation made through the donation button in the block.

Other than that, how does one even display your mod without the widget framework method? I saw nothing in options.

Hi @Chad
For your first concern, the add-on doesn't support automatic donation updating - simply put, developing the extension necessary to do this would take a lot of extra development time which I don't have, and undoubtedly put this add-on in the realm of paid donation add-ons (there are a few out there that you can choose to buy if you require this functionality).
upload_2015-7-11_15-23-23.webp

As for your second question - the add-on (should) show up when you don't have any sort of side bar widget framework add-on going on - it uses xenForo's template modification system to automatically include the SCC_SimpleDonations template (Looks for <xen:sidebar> on your forum_list page).

Thank you for this, working fine in XF 1.5 Beta 2!

Thanks @Adam K M

Was able to easily add it within the widget framework by selcting "Template without wrapper" render and put SCC_SimpleDonations in the template location.

Cheers for this, working perfectly although I had to remove the widget and add it back to get the title to reflect what I changed in the add-on template, not sure why.

@DeadIntermediate unfortunately I don't have a xenPorta 2 license that I can use to develop this extension/adaptation. But as mentioned earlier, you can use the below template code to make the widget pop-up.
<xen:include template="SCC_SimpleDonations" />

Simply get a xenPorta 2 sidebar (demo/sample) template widget, edit that widget's template to contain that code, and it will show up.

Top Bottom