1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SCC] Simple Donations 1.0.0

A super-simple, basic, add-on that adds a donation widget to your sidebar!

1. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

Adam K M submitted a new resource:

[SCC] Simple Donations - A super-simple, basic, add-on that adds a donation widget to your sidebar!

Read more about this resource...

madness85 and 51463 like this.
  2. Robby

Robby Well-Known Member

Great.
    How can we change the color of the bar?

3. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

Check your style properties! :) By default the color of the inner bar is the @secondaryMedium from your current style's color palette.
    upload_2015-7-4_7-50-14.png

4. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Well-Known Member

Looks amazing, wish i found this before i buy a premium one. :p

Edit: There's only one problem, you can't generate Donate button unless you are a premier user, why wouldn't you add a button like all other add-on? :(

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  5. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

What do you mean you have to be a premier user (My account is a business account, but that's 100% free and I can generate a donate button)?

The reason I opted not to enter a generator was because creating an encrypted Paypal button was a lot of work, and whereas I could generate a Paypal button that wasn't encrypted, certain details such as your email would be visible (through the form), making your Paypal email available for all - not something I want people to unknowingly walk into.

6. Cyb3r

Cyb3r Well-Known Member

I don't know if my account is business or not but i'm using it for long time now, also it says verified and i have been using it with all my XenForo upgrade and payments.

Here's the options i get when i try to make a button:

[​IMG]

7. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

Does this page help? Maybe you're at the wrong button section.
    Guide to Creating a PayPal Donate Button for your Website.

8. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

I do not believe they allow you to make a donation button on a standard account. A Premier one from what I understand is one that sells items, the same as a business one but without a company linked to it?

Cyb3r likes this.
  9. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

10. Collapsible Myth

Collapsible Myth Active Member

How could I add this using Widget Framework?

11. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

@Collapsible Myth you'd need to create a custom widget that renders/includes the Simple Donations template - SCC_SimpleDonations

Normally this would be included with the following code:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="SCC_SimpleDonations" />
    I haven't looked into widget framework yet, but maybe in the future once I get a lot of free time, I'll get it working.

Collapsible Myth likes this.
  12. Chad

Chad Active Member

Hi @Adam K M

Installed this and someone donated $20 about 40 minutes ago. However, still doesn't reflect in the sideblock widget. I used your above template example to create the widget block itself but it hasn't updated to show the $20 donation made through the donation button in the block.

Other than that, how does one even display your mod without the widget framework method? I saw nothing in options.

13. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

Hi @Chad
    For your first concern, the add-on doesn't support automatic donation updating - simply put, developing the extension necessary to do this would take a lot of extra development time which I don't have, and undoubtedly put this add-on in the realm of paid donation add-ons (there are a few out there that you can choose to buy if you require this functionality).
    upload_2015-7-11_15-23-23.png

As for your second question - the add-on (should) show up when you don't have any sort of side bar widget framework add-on going on - it uses xenForo's template modification system to automatically include the SCC_SimpleDonations template (Looks for <xen:sidebar> on your forum_list page).

14. Collapsible Myth

Collapsible Myth Active Member

Thanks @Adam K M

Was able to easily add it within the widget framework by selcting "Template without wrapper" render and put SCC_SimpleDonations in the template location.

Adam K M likes this.
  15. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

Thank you for this, working fine in XF 1.5 Beta 2!

Cheers for this, working perfectly although I had to remove the widget and add it back to get the title to reflect what I changed in the add-on template, not sure why.

Collapsible Myth likes this.
  16. I have XenPorta 2. Can this plugin be attached with? So I can just put in the XenPorta 2 block?

17. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

@DeadIntermediate unfortunately I don't have a xenPorta 2 license that I can use to develop this extension/adaptation. But as mentioned earlier, you can use the below template code to make the widget pop-up.
    Simply get a xenPorta 2 sidebar (demo/sample) template widget, edit that widget's template to contain that code, and it will show up.

18. I forgot the code.

19. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

@DeadIntermediate Pardon? It's just:
    Code:
    <xen:include template="SCC_SimpleDonations" />

20. Joey S.

Joey S. Member

For some reason this is not showing up for me :/