Fixed Saved draft not loading across devices

Mr Lucky

Affected version
I started making a post on my iPhone (Safari) in the trouble shooting forum. Then went to my desktop (iMac Firefox) to complete the post.

I went to the Troubleshooting forum and there is the message I expected:

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 12.54.36.webp

But after I clicked on Click here to load it, no draft appeared, and the orange Saved draft notice (above) disappeared.

The post is still sitting there on my iPhone. Even if I click on save draft on that, I cannot get the draft to now show up on my iMac, tried different browsers and do not get the orange notice2.2.

It's a long post so seems the best workaround is the copy and paste into an email, email to myself, open on the imac and paste. :(

As a workaround to try, can you go to the forum where you started creating the draft and instead of using the "quick thread" functionality instead go straight to the orange "Post thread" button.

It should appear there without incident.

Something may have cleared the draft then so if you go back to your phone, add a single word to the message (it will auto save after a few seconds) hopefully the draft will be re-saved.

I'd still recommend going to the main "Post thread" button to continue though as I think the issue is likely something to do with the quick thread system.

Ah yes, now the full post is there (not the Orange notice).

Thanks. So definitely seems like an issue with the quick thread.

(NB: I'm not going to post it now because thinking about it, it probably needs to be in a different forum)

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 6).

Change log:
Ensure that draft saving isn't triggered unexpectedly by the quick thread system.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom