s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
Hi there, I figured it out but I'm having trouble with one site, if you have some time could you take a look at the following thread?

Thanks in advance!

I installed the plugin it gives this error
I uninstalled the plugin it gives the same error again

help please

Attachments

• IMDb.Rating.webp
    IMDb.Rating.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 15
There is basically no information contained in this picture. If you post a link to your site where that error occurs, I'll take a look, otherwise I don't know what I'm looking at besides it being the picture of a browser error in a language I don't speak. According to Google Translate it means it refused to connect. That can mean anything and is probably unrelated to the add-on.

There is basically no information contained in this picture. If you post a link to your site where that error occurs, I'll take a look, otherwise I don't know what I'm looking at besides it being the picture of a browser error in a language I don't speak.

I need to let you know that posting text as pictures is very inconvenient for me because it forces me to type it manually. If you have to post text, it's much more convenient to simply copy/paste it.

Judging by that picture, that BBCode was not created by this add-on. Maybe it was created by another add-on, or maybe it was created manually. What I recommend is that you remove it and repost the URL. The add-on will ignore it if it's not supported.

I need to let you know that posting text as pictures is very inconvenient for me because it forces me to type it manually. If you have to post text, it's much more convenient to simply copy/paste it.

Judging by that picture, that BBCode was not created by this add-on. Maybe it was created by another add-on, or maybe it was created manually. What I recommend is that you remove it and repost the URL. The add-on will ignore it if it's not supported.

After removing all the remnants of the plugin, the problem did not resolve

The issue is that you keep posting pictures of text in a language I do not speak. I cannot do anything with that. My guess is that your site is misconfigured.

If you post an actual way to reproduce this error I will look into it, otherwise there is nothing I can do.

The issue is that you keep posting pictures of text in a language I do not speak. I cannot do anything with that. My guess is that your site is misconfigured.

If you post an actual way to reproduce this error I will look into it, otherwise there is nothing I can do.
give me your e-mail address. I'll give you an administrator login password for you to check.

I can't do that, and it wouldn't explain that Firefox error anyway. If this is a public page I can look at it. Otherwise, you need to describe exactly what you do so that it can be reproduced on a clean install. For instance, when I post the URL https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/videoplayer/vi2482677785, it is replaced with the BBCode [MEDIA=imdb]2482677785[/MEDIA] and it is displayed as a video. What URL did you post? What was it replaced with? To the best of my knowledge, the BBCode you posted earlier as a picture (the one that starts with tt) cannot be generated with this add-on, so I guess it was generated, with a different incompatible add-on.

If you need personal support to debug your local install, some support is included with your XenForo license and I believe that help with things outside of that license can be purchased from XenForo Ltd as well.

@JoshyPHP have you considered changing the YouTube loading attribute from eager to lazy to help with performance? The placeholder facade trick is nice, but the placeholder image just looks like an image, maybe overlay a play button or no one knows it's a video.

Last edited:
You're looking at the live DOM, not the original markup. Here's the typical markup for a Podbean embed:
HTML:
<span data-s9e-mediaembed="podbean" style="height:150px;width:900px" data-s9e-mediaembed-iframe='["data-s9e-mediaembed","podbean","allowfullscreen","","scrolling","no","src","https:\/\/www.podbean.com\/player-v2\/?i=xdtwe-ffd67b","style","height:150px;width:900px"]'></span>
It has no iframe and requires no resources to be displayed as it's just an empty placeholder. After the page loads, placeholders that are on screen (or just about) are replaced with actual iframes. Those iframes are created with loading="eager" so that they are loaded immediately, since they're already on screen.

In short, iframes are already loaded efficiently because they are created just-in-time. Having a span is generally more efficient than having a live iframe even with loading="lazy" because AFAICT a lazy iframe still creates a new browsing context. Even an empty "lazy" iframe takes CPU time and uses memory, whereas an empty placeholder is almost free.

Last edited:
Top Bottom