s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.0

No permission to download
Just a small tweak request. Lighthouse recommends:

Add rel="noopener" or rel="noreferrer" to any external links to improve performance and prevent security vulnerabilities.

The optional footer link does not have it. Might be added in next build! Thanks.

1616147925030.webp

Sure. Actually I'm surprised the link even opens in a new tab because I hate those but after looking into it I can see I just copy/pasted the markup used for XenForo's own footer link. So I'm going to do the same here for consistency and update the footer link to match XenForo's, which now includes a rel attribute.

I'm finally just now getting around to upgrading our 1.5 forum to 2.2 - wanted to confirm that all I have to do is uninstall the old s9e add-on for 1.5 and install the new one for XF2 and all the old media embeds will still work. Thanks!

After an upgrade, there stopped being padding after the YouTube video, even though the space is entered in the editor. Any way to fix this?

1.webp
There's no space between the video and the "Text after video". Here's how the editor looks:
2.webp

There was a XenForo update that removed one line break after Media embeds but that was a while ago. You can somewhat reverse it in CSS but you'll lose the ability to put two videos next to each other. You can edit your extra.less template and add this:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] {
	display: block;
}

Alternatively, you can add a margin at the bottom with this:
Code:
[data-s9e-mediaembed] {
	margin-bottom: 1em;
}

Ok, so for TikTok links, a lot of people have been using links like https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeY29wov/

Right now it only works for https://www.tiktok.com/@middijh/video/6932397062495456517

By the way, the top link provided leads to the bottom link if that might help in parsing and adding this? It seems the top link is some form of shortened version like YouTube's https://youtu.be/kbw5g1eJRpQ

Thank you!

Yeah, short links have to be resolved in order to obtain their canonical URLs. TikTok blocks some requests and/or requires a CAPTCHA to be solved in order to access a page, that's why it may not always work. The latest update works slightly differently and should work with those short links unless TikTok decides to block them completely.

The difference with YouTube's short URLs is that the video's ID is preserved in the latter's. As far as I can tell there's no relation between TikTok's short URL and the canonical one.

add parler ...
Assuming this was a curt way to inquire about the feasibility of embedding Parler's content, as far as I know the site doesn't provide that kind of features. You can try using XenForo's unfurl, it should provide at least some kind of contextual information about those links.

Do you know if its possible with https://anchor.fm/ ?
Anchor is already supported. If it doesn't work for you, please post the exact URL you tried. Post it inside of an [icode] BBCode to ensure it's not replaced by XenForo.

Anchor is already supported. If it doesn't work for you, please post the exact URL you tried. Post it inside of an [icode] BBCode to ensure it's not replaced by XenForo.
Oh, yes. Thank you. Was my fault, it was the wrong URL.

Do you now if its possible to import the RSS and habe the media embedded?

I don't know what Apple Podcast is; Google tells me it's an application, in which case that's not something that would be handled as a media site. If it's a website, you can post an example of the kind of URLs people would use to share/embed its content and I will consider it. If that site is important enough to your forum that you'd like to sponsor its addition you can send me a direct message and I will look into it asap.

I don't know what Apple Podcast is; Google tells me it's an application, in which case that's not something that would be handled as a media site. If it's a website, you can post an example of the kind of URLs people would use to share/embed its content and I will consider it. If that site is important enough to your forum that you'd like to sponsor its addition you can send me a direct message and I will look into it asap.
Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. Will send you message, there is link to techninal details in here

Also, Spotify has also quite recently added Podcasts embeds

Top Bottom