s9e Media Sites

s9e Media Sites 2.15.6

No permission to download
If your version of PHP is old enough, it may be possible that it doesn't support the way the function is called. I don't know off the top of my head how old it would have to be. I don't have anything older than PHP 7.2 to try it on.

If your hosting has multiple PHP versions available and you can switch to PHP 7.1 or newer (preferably 7.2 or newer) then you can try that.

Edit: according to PHP's manual, any version of PHP 7 should be fine.

If your version of PHP is old enough, it may be possible that it doesn't support the way the function is called. I don't know off the top of my head how old it would have to be. I don't have anything older than PHP 7.2 to try it on.

If your hosting has multiple PHP versions available and you can switch to PHP 7.1 or newer (preferably 7.2 or newer) then you can try that.

Edit: according to PHP's manual, any version of PHP 7 should be fine.
That explains it then, right now I'm stuck on 5.6 because the VPS I'm using has an old version of Linux on it. I'm switching to another box next week, and that'll have PHP 7.x on it, which should solve the problem. Thanks for your help!

twitter embeds seems to be showing problem today. have seen multiple tweets show this tweet is unavailable but the tweet does exist. just wanted to let you know!

update: embed did start working after multiple refreshes. so i assume it was just random loading problem from github servers. this post can be ignored i guess!

If it says "This tweet is unavailable." it means that the GitHub page loaded correctly and that Twitter's JavaScript was executed so it's not some kind of script-blocking issue. Probably a temporary outage or bad server configuration at Twitter.

I have a light and dark style, but they are under different parent styles. How can I get s9e to work with both? Currently it only works with light style.

Can you describe what "works" means in this context? There's something that you can't see in dark style? What is it?

Can you describe what "works" means in this context? There's something that you can't see in dark style? What is it?
Nevermind. Someone posted a link that didn't embed and I thought it was the style. It's how he posted it, I think. When I do my own test, it embeds fine.

Hi again @JoshyPHP, I have an issue on my site where media embeds are multiplying when someone edits a post or quotes it. For example, say someone posts a Twitter link. It embeds fine of course, but upon editing the post, it adds a second embed for the same link. Quoting that post would double those same embeds, for a total of four in the quote.

Any help or advice you can offer is greatly appreciated, thanks!

XenForo has an option that says "Auto-embed media, and add a link to the content within this BB code". My guess is you selected this option with a BBCode that is turned into an auto-embed. The default value for that option is as follow:
Code:
[i][size=2][url={$url}]View: {$url}[/url][/size][/i]

It works for me on Firefox 76 as long as Tracking Protection is off and cookies are not blocked.

Try disabling any and all adblockers and privacy extensions.

Top Bottom