s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I looked into it but Hindustan Times outsource their video hosting to a third party that would take too much work for me to support it properly. That's why I have to decline. If that site is important enough for you to want to sponsor its development, you can send me a private message.

In your case, since the URL is a video file's the best way would be to use a custom BBCode that creates a <video> tag.

I'm wondering you you would consider the loading of thumbnails for youtube to save on loading time, as shown in this thread?

Basic functionality would be the video loads the thumb but not the player. When clicked, the thumb is removed, the player loaded and the video starts playing.

Looking at the code in the thread, it looks like it would be pretty easy to implement.

I dont know if this matters but the video links are visible like this too from lets say http://www.enjoygram.com/tag/tierp:
I looked through their short FAQ and into their user pages and they don't seem to provide a way to embed those pages.

I can't seem to get the new goo.gl/photos images to embed. It's a new URL since they launched "Google Photos" during I/O a few weeks ago.
They don't seem to provide a public way to embed photo albums.

I'm wondering you you would consider the loading of thumbnails for youtube to save on loading time, as shown in this thread?
For threads that contain too many embeds, there's an option the defers the loading of all supported embeds until they're scrolled into view. It's in the Admin CP in Home > Options > s9e Media Pack in "Performance". Now, as far as YouTube is concerned their player is already pretty barebone. Did you personally try this modification and see an improvement?

@JoshyPHP Something going on with this Wall Street Journal embed:
WSJ videos used to be hosted on live.wsj.com. I'll update the definition to support www.wsj.com and see to handle the on.wsj.com redirector/short links.

Hi
I am facing a bug when trying to insert a 'classic' url in a post :

preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (? at offset 22
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. preg_match() in XenForo/Helper/Media.php at line 56
  3. XenForo_Helper_Media->_convertMediaLinkToEmbedHtml() in XenForo/Helper/Media.php at line 39
  4. XenForo_Helper_Media::convertMediaLinkToEmbedHtml() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 217
  5. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->_autoLinkUrl() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 184
  6. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->_autoLinkUrlCallback()
  7. preg_replace_callback() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 159
  8. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->filterString() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 589
  9. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderString() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 568
  10. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 545
  11. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php at line 525
  12. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/BbCode/AutoLink.php at line 70
  13. XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_BbCode_AutoLink->renderTree() in XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php at line 505
  14. XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render() in XenForo/Helper/String.php at line 216
  15. XenForo_Helper_String::autoLinkBbCode() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 513
  16. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in LiamW/PostMacros/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 23
  17. LiamW_PostMacros_Extend_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  18. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  19. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/forumasus/html/forums/index.php at line 13

Any idea how to fix this ?
Thanks for support

For threads that contain too many embeds, there's an option the defers the loading of all supported embeds until they're scrolled into view. It's in the Admin CP in Home > Options > s9e Media Pack in "Performance". Now, as far as YouTube is concerned their player is already pretty barebone. Did you personally try this modification and see an improvement?

I didn't know about that option. I've turned it on but I don't see any difference at this point. Will continue testing.

I can't personally test the thumbnail solution, because my front page depends on youtube videos working correctly. However all the users in that thread seem to think it is an improvement, and someone has also created an addon for it, which is how I found out about this free solution I linked you. Even though the player is light weight, when you get several videos on one page, it does tend to increase load times noticeably.

Doesn't seem like a strong case for implementation but I personally think it might be a pretty good idea at least as an option for this addon, even though it is free. :)

I didn't know about that option. I've turned it on but I don't see any difference at this point. Will continue testing.
It only matters if there are many videos on the page, especially where you don't see them. If you want to see a difference you can try posting 20 videos (even if it's the same video over and over) then reload the page. The page loads faster and video players are loaded as you scroll.

Slashdot doesn't provide a way to embed their content.

Hmm, well it does for Facebook and twitter etc. I wonder if you could find how they extrapolated that. -Edit- seems they changed the way it works now used to work when you click FB it would embed post but now it goes to a #

It's not a matter of technical know-how, it's just that Twitter allows their content to be embedded and Slashdot doesn't. It wouldn't be hard for someone to write an add-on that copies the content from Slashdot but since they don't allow it you would eventually receive a DMCA notice or some kind of cease-and-desist letter for it.

Reactions: Xon
It's not a matter of technical know-how, it's just that Twitter allows their content to be embedded and Slashdot doesn't. It wouldn't be hard for someone to write an add-on that copies the content from Slashdot but since they don't allow it you would eventually receive a DMCA notice or some kind of cease-and-desist letter for it.

Yeah but they do allow embeding they just recently it seems disabled it. I used to use it all the time for posting on FB/Twitter but now reverts to # instead of the embed post.

Top Bottom