s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
8d45cf9b1c3a8d69635b78f5ae741ff9

Then why is this not working?

Because you're using the page's URL, not the image's URL. Right-click on the image to get its URL: https://i.gyazo.com/80f58fb39d29d776c63814e3444fc34d.gif

Because you're using the page's URL, not the image's URL. Right-click on the image to get its URL: https://i.gyazo.com/80f58fb39d29d776c63814e3444fc34d.gif
I know that ;)
but i'm trying to figure out how to get it working without doing that step. You know... for "lazy people" and "idiot proof" purposes...

I have figured out the png embed thingy, but I cant figure out how to get the gif working the same way. Could u help me with that?

@iraqiboy90 I don't intend to add that feature to this add-on but if you want to sponsor the development of a different add-on that automatically creates images from Gyazo URLs you can send me a pm and I'll look into it.

I'm having difficulties with Twitter embedding. Can someone please share the straightforward BB Code Media Site settings for Twitter ?

Thanks

@JoshyPHP

If a Twitter status has been embedded using s9, and later on the author of the tweet removes the tweet from their account, the embed returns a blank space for the embed.

Could the embed instead show an error, "Tweet has been removed by the author" or something like that?

I'm having difficulties with Twitter embedding. Can someone please share the straightforward BB Code Media Site settings for Twitter ?

Code:
[MEDIA=twitter]698552967755120641[/MEDIA]

Could the embed instead show an error, "Tweet has been removed by the author" or something like that?

No, but I can leave a link that says "Loading tweet" in lieu of the blank iframe.

Thank Josh, but I don't have none of the settings available. Neither Match URLs, nor the Embed HTML in order to make the [MEDIA] tags for Twitter to work

Last edited:
@JoshyPHP

Why is regular Facebook embed's (such as a text post containing a few lines) iframe height fixed to 360px?

It leaves a lot of blank space at the bottom when the actual embed takes much less than 360 px in height.
The minimum height is 100px but browsers don't reliably provide measurements for documents that are smaller than the original iframe. IE/Firefox give a set of dimensions, Chrome/Safari give another. I could make the original iframe smaller but then it would be more disruptive to the layout when the embedded post loads and the iframe is resized. I'm not sure which one is worse.
Now it looks like the white blank space is replaced with red blank space?

Red is even worse.

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 13.47.29.webp

Thank Josh, but I don't have none of the settings available. Neither Match URLs, nor the Embed HTML in order to make the [MEDIA] tags for Twitter to work
If you install the add-on you'll have access to the definitions in the admin panel.

Now it looks like the white blank space is replaced with red blank space?
It wasn't intentional, I accidentally committed a debug version of the page while testing it. It should now be fixed.

any ideas why I'm getting
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
in my control panel when I install the add-on ?
Unpack the archive on your local computer, upload the upload folder as mentionned in the front page of this add-on, then go to your admin panel to install the add-on, click "Choose file" and upload the XML file that you have extracted from the archive, which should be on your computer.

Top Bottom