s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I upload this to the server, but I can't get it to install says nothing is found.
No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

@tr1age Unfortunately with that little information it's impossible to know why it doesn't work for you. If your server is running an outdated version of PHP, try upgrading.

@tr1age Unfortunately with that little information it's impossible to know why it doesn't work for you. If your server is running an outdated version of PHP, try upgrading.

I am running the latest version. 5.5
the website is http://alttabme.com

What else can I provide to you to help?
Also is there a way just to import it into the bbcocde manager without installing it as an addon?

5.5 is a contemporary version so it shouldn't be the problem. Look inside your server logs, perhaps there's an error logged, assuming error reporting hasn't been disabled. It's possible that your server is too slow to process the request in time, has a time_limit set too low or not enough memory to process the addon's XML. You should ask in the general support forum, maybe someone there will have encountered a similar error and will know how to fix it.

Also is there a way just to import it into the bbcocde manager without installing it as an addon?

Not that I know of.

5.5 is a contemporary version so it shouldn't be the problem. Look inside your server logs, perhaps there's an error logged, assuming error reporting hasn't been disabled. It's possible that your server is too slow to process the request in time, has a time_limit set too low or not enough memory to process the addon's XML. You should ask in the general support forum, maybe someone there will have encountered a similar error and will know how to fix it.

Not that I know of.

I checked all the above and still seem to be getting the issue. Hmmm.............. it is a conundrum!

Nice plugin!

I think I've got a bug, though: the list of "excluded" sites in the Options panel appears to reset itself to blank each time the settings are saved.

Also, I really wish there was a way to simply enable/disable sites individually, and I wish it didn't override existing embeds - it wiped out some custom responsive embed code that I was using for YouTube, for example.

reset itself to blank

Invalid names are removed from the list. What did you put in that box? You need to enter the exact name of the site or its ID. The ID is what appears after MEDIA= when you post a video, e.g.
You can enable responsive embeds in the options by setting Max responsive width to a non-zero value.

Ah, OK, that got it. I was entering "youtube.com" in the excluded list. It wasn't immediately clear to me what identifiers to include in the Excluded box, so it might be useful to add some more descriptive text below that field.

It was a pleasant surprise to see that the "max responsive width" option maintains the aspect ratio for YouTube videos as they scale (that's what my custom code did). Wasn't expecting that. :)

Ah, OK, that got it. I was entering "youtube.com" in the excluded list. It wasn't immediately clear to me what identifiers to include in the Excluded box, so it might be useful to add some more descriptive text below that field.

I'll definitely think about it.

It was a pleasant surprise to see that the "max responsive width" option maintains the aspect ratio for YouTube videos as they scale (that's what my custom code did). Wasn't expecting that. :)

Glad you like it. ;)

OK - I've isolated the issue. There is a conflict with the BB Codes & Buttons Manager addon which is quite popular here. Might be an issue with the BBM since deinstalling this addon gets standard YouTube to work but not if BBM is on... just figured I'd mention it if anyone else is using it. (I am guessing your YouTube BB code might be more flexible otherwise it would seem unnecessary given the built in support.)

Last edited:
I still wish I could get this to install but I just can't seem to get it to install. Argggg. Wish I knew what was throwing the error.

JoshyPHP updated s9e Media BBCodes pack with a new update entry:

Removed ColbertNation and DailyShow

The ColbertNation and DailyShow websites are being phased out/merged in by ComedyCentral. Existing MEDIA BBCodes can be updated using the Post Content Find / Replace tool using the following settings:
Code:
        Quick Find: mgid
Regular expression: (\[MEDIA=(?:colbertnation|dailyshow))
Replacement String: [MEDIA=comedycentral

☑ Save Changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom