s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I may have missed it, but since I'm looking to only use a few sections, is it possible to edit the list that appears when the Media button is pressed? I don't want to include references to sites I'm not planning on supporting.

I may have missed it, but since I'm looking to only use a few sections, is it possible to edit the list that appears when the Media button is pressed? I don't want to include references to sites I'm not planning on supporting.
In the options for this add-on in the ACP, there is an Exclude sites box. In that you can list all of the sites from the sections you are using that you don't plan on supporting. So for example if you were using the Social Sites category but only wanted to support Facebook and Twitter, you would list all of the others in the Exclude box. You can find a list of sites supported in each category via the "List of optional sites enabled by each category" link in the option section.

@creativeforge As joec suggested, it's because the name change invalidated the URL and SoundCloud defaulted to the closest match.

There are ways to keep embeds working through name changes, each with different trade-offs. On the user side, you can copy the Embed code from the SoundCloud page instead of the Share link. If you paste that (the whole HTML thing instead of the URL) inside the Add Media dialog in XenForo it will store the track's numerical ID instead of the name.

On the server side, it would be possible to retrieve the track's ID from SoundCloud but the issue is it would add a second or two to the posting process. If someone was to post many SoundCloud links at once, it could time out and leave the user clueless as to why they're unable to post their message. I'll think about it and I may do it this way. In the meantime, tell your users to try the Embed thing if they intend to rename the track.

Hi, not so. The problem was observed BEFORE he did a name change. Soundcloud gave priority to the other track with the same name, for some reason. Soundcloud did NOT open the right song, but one that had a different URL.

So, Soundcloud chose to serve the song based on the title rather than the URL. And for some reason, it kept giving priority to the other song. The proof of this is that as soon as he modified the song title, then the proper song was served.

Hope this helps, great addon, thank you!

First: Thanks for an excellent addon!

I have a problem with feeds. I am collecting some interesting YouTube channels (some of our members each have their own). Then the content of the channels would be fed to certain forum threads. That is possible with [TH] Feeder.

Everything is "almost" ok, but there is still one thing yet to solve. Posts from channel feeds appear to these threads, but there is no any easy way (or I just don't know it) to parse the YouTube video URLs to BBcodes.

However, if I just open a post in editor => do nothing => save the post, then s9e parses the link and the end result is just what I want.

I have imagined there should be a simple (?) addon or some kinda mod, which opens and closes the post messages in selected forum(s). That could be activated by cron a minute after the feeds are refreshed.

I can imagine this, but I don't know enough to find a solution myself. I am a no-coder. :unsure: I bet there are many even more sophisticated ways to solve this, but I guess this way it might be easy (?) to accomplish.

Many thanks in advance, if someone could tell how to make this!

That's something that needs to be addressed in [TH] Feeder. If the posts from feeds take the same code path as normal posts they will display embeds as a normal post.
Thanks! Sounds logical it should work that way.

Anyhow, someone else may investigate this matter too and find this post in the future. I'll leave a hint where I went next. I'll try this addon for parsing the URL:s to BBcode. I think it might be handy for some other purposes too.

Try posting in general support, ask whether this is intended. If posts from feeds support BBCodes, they should probably support auto-embedding media sites as well.

Top Bottom