Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
Hello,
Thanks for this add-on an I really love it - But I just installed this add-on and i tried to tweet and got the error below. How can i fix it? I never got the error message when using the default share. I think the add-on is picking up the title of the site too?
Thank you for your help
upload_2015-5-15_9-19-52.webp

Last edited:
How do you guys manage to set the buttons on 100% of the page whitout them looking huuuge on widescreens?
Thanks

How do you guys manage to set the buttons on 100% of the page whitout them looking huuuge on widescreens?
Thanks
Try this - use a max-width of 45% and min-width of 540px with responsive wide max and min set to 100%:

Hello,
Thanks for this add-on an I really love it - But I just installed this add-on and i tried to tweet and got the error below. How can i fix it? I never got the error message when using the default share. I think the add-on is picking up the title of the site too?
Thank you for your help
View attachment 106154
Hello - Is there any way to share any headings (twitter) that's more than 140 xters?

Hello - Is there any way to share any headings (twitter) that's more than 140 xters?

No not in this addon at present, you would need to change the javascript to maybe remove the forum name from the page title in your case.

Personally I would look a reducing the page title length to around 50 - 60 characters, just your forum name "Nigeria Message Board - Latest News in Nigeria and Discussion Forum " is 68 characters.

Latest News in Nigeria and Discussion
Thanks for replying back. I have reduced this to "Latest News in Nigeria and Discussion" but it is asking for exact 140 xters. I never had to do this while using the default sharing:)

I never had to do this while using the default sharing

The default sharing doesn't use the full page title, maybe in the future I will look at changing this but at present I dont have the time due to work commitments.

Thanks for replying back. I have reduced this to "Latest News in Nigeria and Discussion" but it is asking for exact 140 xters. I never had to do this while using the default sharing:)

I just had quick look at this and you if you want to strip the forum name from the title.

In the template "SV_rrssb_jsOptions.html", find this code"
Code:
var docTitle = document.title;
and change to:
Code:
var docTitle = document.title.split(" |")[0];

One other issues I've noticed is the Share This Page sidebar block works perfect in the forum list.
upload_2015-5-30_1-49-43.webp

But in any of the member pages.
upload_2015-5-30_1-50-20.webp

thats correct.

Looks like you removed that block on member profiles now so cant look at it for you.

I cant replicate it. Look like the js is not working from what I can see.

Try creating a new default unedited style, does it work then?

Top Bottom