Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
SimonV submitted a new resource:

Ridiculously Responsive Social Sharing Buttons - Adds Responsive Social Share Buttons to Threads

Read more about this resource...

Simon, great addon, will be upgrading to branding free shortly to show support.

One question, on our sidebar they display perfectly. However, we enabled them for threads they appear black (see image attached) as opposed to the colour buttons shown in the addon thread. They also appear on top of each other as opposed to all on one line. Can you please assist?

Attachments

• display.webp
    display.webp
    29 KB · Views: 20
Simon, great addon, will be upgrading to branding free shortly to show support.

One question, on our sidebar they display perfectly. However, we enabled them for threads they appear black (see image attached) as opposed to the colour buttons shown in the addon thread. They also appear on top of each other as opposed to all on one line. Can you please assist?

That looks like missing css and js, create a new unaltered style and test. Does it show in the new style? If so its something with your custom style that is stopping the css and js being loaded.

That looks like missing css and js, create a new unaltered style and test. Does it show in the new style? If so its something with your custom style that is stopping the css and js being loaded.

Tried it on 4 styles, incluing the Xenforo default and the same issue persists. Any further advice? Thank you..

Tried it on 4 styles, incluing the Xenforo default and the same issue persists. Any further advice? Thank you..

Go to admincp->appearance->template modifications and check that do all of the mods get applied correctly.
pCKlmou.jpg

All values should be green (times applied number might be different than on the above image).

Thanks for the response(s)...

Here we go, they seem OK I think? Although you have a green number 3... I have a 2..
tempmod.webp
The buttons display absolutely fine on profile pages and forum_list... just not threads.

It would most definitely work in a new blank style with no Parent Style so maybe another add-on is causing it.

I just checked your site onefootballforum.co.uk and the content template for threads is not the default Xenforo template "thread_view" so that would be the cause of the missing css and js. You must have another add-on that is changing that.

Try manually adding this to the "page_container_js_body" template at the bottom after everything else:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_online'">
    <xen:require css="SV_rrssbDefault.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="./js/rrssb/rrssb.min.js"></script>
</xen:if>

If that doesnt work try it with the space that seems to be in the custom template name on your site "thread_online ":

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_online '">

Last edited:
It would most definitely work in a new blank style with no Parent Style so maybe another add-on is causing it.

I just checked your site onefootballforum.co.uk and the content template for threads is not the default Xenforo template "thread_view" so that would be the cause of the missing css and js. You must have another add-on that is changing that.

Try manually adding this to the "page_container_js_body" template at the bottom after everything else:

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_online'">

If that doesnt work try it with the space that seems to be in the custom template name on your site "thread_online ":

HTML:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_online '">

Fantastic support! Your second suggestion worked a charm. Thank you.

Hi @SimonV , back again - sorry!
Blogs | One Football Forum | The Leading UK Football Forums

Is there any chance I can add something to get the buttons to display for the blog (all blog posts etc)?

Many thanks,

That blog addon is a paid addon that I dont own, you would need to add the template, css and js manually.

This will add the buttons to a template:
HTML:
<xen:include template="SV_rrssbShares"></xen:include>

and the code I posted above will add the css and js (change the content template name to match).

Getting the following when viewing CTA Featured Threads page
View attachment 107372
I've just installed this add-on to take a look at that error.

The listener is checking for $page['node_id'] but the $page param doesn't exist in my add-on.

Wrapping the code in if (!empty($page)) { ... } seems to fix it @SimonV , although I'm not sure if it then affects anything else.

Ultimately though it's not something I can fix in my add-on as it is this add-on which is checking for the existence of the param.

Would it be possible to do one or more of the following:

1>automatic URL shortening
2>Truncating of thread title length

Right now, between both a full title and a full URL, my users have to manually do these things anyways. Just some thoughts. Great add-on!

is it possible to make two rows of buttons on the sidebar instead of one? i got so many icons they're starting to get tiny.

I just had a quick look at this as I had some free time, this CSS would work for the side bar. Adjust the % depending on how many buttons you have:

Add to your EXTRA.css

Code:
.sidebar .share-container .rrssb-buttons li { 
  margin-bottom: 3px; 
  width: 16% !important; 
}

would give you this:
Screen Shot 2015-07-12 at 14.43.34.webp

Hey @SimonV .. I have searched and saw about you planning (maybe) to add sharing counts as xenforo defaults does that. Well..

Any plan to release smth like that ? I saw you gave the sharrre.com example and I`m here to give you two more examples:

Custom Share Icons (with count)
Social Sharing Buttons < loved this one, hehe

Edit:

Even thinking on doing smth like mashable would be ok too .. hehe. They don't show each social network count but they add the sum of them before the buttons.

This addon on Wordpress does this: WordPress › Mashshare - Social Media Icons SEO Share Buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Subscribe « WordPress Plugins

screenshot-11.png

Last edited:
Hey @SimonV .. I have searched and saw about you planning (maybe) to add sharing counts as xenforo defaults does that. Well..

Any plan to release smth like that ? I saw you gave the sharrre.com example and I`m here to give you two more examples:

Custom Share Icons (with count)
Social Sharing Buttons < loved this one, hehe

Edit:

Even thinking on doing smth like mashable would be ok too .. hehe. They don't show each social network count but they add the sum of them before the buttons.

This addon on Wordpress does this: WordPress › Mashshare - Social Media Icons SEO Share Buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Subscribe « WordPress Plugins

screenshot-11.png

It will more than likely be part of version 2, I'm too stacked with work to even think about attempting it right now.

It will more than likely be part of version 2, I'm too stacked with work to even think about attempting it right now.

No problem, if I may add some other suggestions for this further version (or a pro one, paid, no problem)
  • Short link generation on thread creation. So when someone hits any sharing button, the short url should be shared. There are plenty studies that shows that shorten URLs bring more peace to shared links.
  • WhatsApp sharing. Yeah, I know that I have already pointed this and you told that it wouldn't be too useful btw, a huge % of my forum access are from mobile and a simple "share" click to open whatsapp and choose the conversation to share is way easier than selecting the title + copying the link. People simple don't do that. Since I have a specific forum market I use to be on 20+ groups full of people promoting texts and links and I can clearly see that if the website has a sharing button, they use it. If it don't have, people prefer to copy texts or just the link.
I got an example: Startup permite voos ilimitados de jatinhos com preço acessível

You can see that there's a simple sharing panel like your addon and when its opened on any device, they enable a whatsapp button to share the structure: Title: link

Top Bottom