Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
Excellent modification @SimonV

Which part of the code can I place inside the resource manager title header or isn't this possible at all. When i insert this in the resource_view_header template obvious css is missing <xen:include template="SV_rrssbShares" />

I'd like to insert this awesome sharing stuff in other page such as xengallery as well.

Excellent work, keep it up!

Seriously awesome...

My only want... would be to have this show the icons in the sidebar of brogans featured thread homepage and the forum home sidebar, maybe even extended to xen media.

Last edited:
Excellent modification @SimonV

Which part of the code can I place inside the resource manager title header or isn't this possible at all. When i insert this in the resource_view_header template obvious css is missing <xen:include template="SV_rrssbShares" />

I'd like to insert this awesome sharing stuff in other page such as xengallery as well.

Excellent work, keep it up!

You would need to include the CSS, JS and I would guess set the $title variable as I think the $url variable might already be available. I dont have resource manager so I cant help, sorry.

Seriously awesome...

My only want... would be to have this show the icons in the sidebar of brogans featured thread homepage and the forum home sidebar, maybe even extended to xen media.

Thanks, I dont own either of those addons so unfortunately I cant help.

The default sidebar will be the next addition to this addon but as the icons in the sidebar are stacked vertically the buttons will need to be created differently as opposed to just using the same template as I did for pages.

I think if you nailed it for default forum home, then that template should be able to be used in any sidebar, thus fixing the issue manually per user by swapping out the default share_page and inserting your template.

Look forward to it.

Seriously awesome...

would be nice to get AVForums Competitions addon support in there too....

Hey @SimonV that looks pretty good! Yes I'd vote for rows to save vertical space.
Excellent job with pages support and now sidebar, do you accept donations? :D

I will go with the horizontal buttons for now and maybe look at options for vertical in the future.

Donations are gratefully received, drop me a private conversation for my PayPal email. :) Many thanks.

would be nice to get AVForums Competitions addon support in there too....

If that addon uses the default sharing sidebar then the next update should work with it but I dont own a copy to test so only a "should work".

Last edited:
Nice add-on. Thank you, Simon.

When a thread is shared on FB, the associated image with the thread is the initial posters avatar. Can this be changed to the sites FB open graph logo?

Nice add-on. Thank you, Simon.

When a thread is shared on FB, the associated image with the thread is the initial posters avatar. Can this be changed to the sites FB open graph logo?

I think that is default XF behaviour, it comes from the template "open_graph_meta" and this line:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>

Remove that line should fix it, open graph might cache the image so use the debug tools to see https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Last edited:
@Andy.N I was able to do this by simply adjusting the height & width. Templates > SV_rrssbDefault.css :
.rrssb-buttons {

height: 36px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
width: 200px
}
Increase the height to 50 or so and it'll be square, and the size the logos within them will adjust up automagically. Adjust the width for more or less buttons.

111.webp

Last edited:
What settings to use so all the buttons are squares both on desktop and mobile. Right now I have this

View attachment 104423

There is no direct setting to make the buttons a set width due to the responsive nature of this addon the width is manipulated by javascript depending on the screen size.

You could manually set the button width and hide the button text with something like this in the EXTRA.css. Make sure to remove any width settings in the admin options also.

Code:
.rrssb-buttons li {
  width: 42px !important;
}
.rrssb-buttons li a .rrssb-text {
visibility: hidden;
}

@Andy.N I was able to do this by simply adjusting the height & width. Templates > SV_rrssbDefault.css :
The width is specific for four square buttons, so if display more or less, the width will need to be adjusted.

You dont need to edit the CSS directly for the width just 200px to the Maximum and Minimum Width setting in the admin options.

Top Bottom