Responsive Social Sharing Buttons

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.7

No permission to download
Getting this error again and not my server this time.

Callback rrssb_Listener::cssCacheTemplateCreate is invalid (Invalid Method).

Last edited:
Xenforo Media Gallery sidebar replacement isn't working, presumably because it uses its own modified version of the standard XF sharing widget?

For AVForums Competitions, the new sidebar widget replaces the stock one, but the page title isn't being included in each of the buttons links

I don't own either of those resources so at this stage can't give you a fix for the page title, when I have more time I'm going to work on a better way to handle the page title. For the gallery you can replace the template manually, I'm traveling now and using my phone so later today I will try and help with that.

I don't own either of those resources so at this stage can't give you a fix for the page title, when I have more time I'm going to work on a better way to handle the page title. For the gallery you can replace the template manually, I'm traveling now and using my phone so later today I will try and help with that.

happy to help with testing either or both

is it just me having issues with the twitter share?
it seems that when you share a title with "" in the title, its kinda messed up.
maybe it's an issue with twitter?
in this screenshot, the thread title i am wanting to share says "it's just a title" but looks like this:
twitter1.webp
also, wondering about, why the URL has no spaces between the title and link.
again, could be just twitter issue?

thanks.

in this screenshot, the thread title i am wanting to share says "it's just a title" but looks like this:
View attachment 104801

thanks.

Confirmed, quotation marks and apostrophes in the title are the cause. When I get some free time I will take a look and update. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Last edited:
SimonV updated Responsive Social Sharing Buttons with a new update entry:

Responsive Social Sharing Buttons 1.5.1

A quick update to fix the missing titles and issues with quotation marks and apostrophes in shares.

v1.5.1 update contains the following:
  • Improvements to how share titles elements are retrieved and processed
To Update:

Re-upload all the files from the upload folder and then upgrade the addon with the new xml file from the xml folder.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xenforo Media Gallery sidebar replacement isn't working, presumably because it uses its own modified version of the standard XF sharing widget?

For AVForums Competitions, the new sidebar widget replaces the stock one, but the page title isn't being included in each of the buttons links

v1.5.1 should address the missing title in the AVForums Competitions addon, let me know if its ok now.

happy to help with testing either or both

Do you have a dev site I could use with Media Gallery installed?

View attachment 104801

thanks.

The update I just added should fix the issue with quotation marks and apostrophes in the title, let me know if its ok now.

Thanks.

@SimonV first of all I'd like to thank you for your awesome work. These buttons are so much better than the default slow loading sharing tools. Kudos for providing this free service to the community.

I have installed the latest version of the mod and my sidebar block is looking wrong. Is there some setting I've missed?

styling.webp

@SimonV first of all I'd like to thank you for your awesome work. These buttons are so much better than the default slow loading sharing tools. Kudos for providing this free service to the community.

I have installed the latest version of the mod and my sidebar block is looking wrong. Is there some setting I've missed?

View attachment 104864

Looks like the js file is missing.

Try in a clean unedited XF style and see if the issue is still there.

Last edited:

I just noticed the cause 0f this, it only happens when no Twitter Username is set in the options, will fix in the next release.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's a known issue, but just noticed that sidebar share on frontpage/portal outputs blank/missing urls. Here's for example two share links copied from your site's frontpage
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?status=CertForums+by+@certforums+

Good catch, thanks.

great addon, but conflict with xenporta2 aboout Article page.

Yes, XenPorta1 and 2 use thier own custom version of "thread_view" so most likely there will be issues. It would need further customisation to work but its possible as I use XenPorta1 on a forum and have the buttons working. See this post in the Lite version thread: Responsive Social Sharing Buttons (Lite)

Well I have good news and I have bad news - I can confirm that the title is there now... but there's no URL.

YOu can see yourself at https://thumped.com/bbs/competitions/portico-whelans-monday-april-20th.2/

No, just the live site to test on I'm afraid.

I would guess the $url variable is not being set in the parent template of that addon, If its set in the sidebar template along with adding the buttons my Template Modification may be removing it.

Would you be able to give me access so I can look at how that addon creates the sidebar block?

Top Bottom