• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Responsive admin control panel

TheBigK

I've been accessing the adminCP from my mobile for long time and the admin CP search is something I use quite often. That's why I'm curious to see how it looks in the new layout. #canWaitThough.

Liam W

I'm just going to say that I don't like the look of those screen shots - I much prefer the method the current add-on uses...

Anyway, still, nice that it's been included.

Liam

Stuart Wright

Last month, 53% of sessions to AVForums were on desktop, 32% on mobile and 15% on tablets.
I expect admins have a similar behaviour and, like me, spend a lot of time administering the site on mobile or tablet.
First thing I do in the morning is pick up my phone and deal with users in the moderation queue.
Is that an off-canvas menu I see in the images in post #1? That's good to see. I think we also need an off canvas menu in the default style front end.
Also nice to see an interim release before 2.0 and to know that the guys are making the right choices WRT timing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake B.

When to expect a release? without alpha's, beta's
After updating XF1.5 in case will be error — easy fix to version 1.4.7.
They've never announced a date for the gold release, and probably won't, if the date was missed people would throw fits.

Also, they've never offered any way to downgrade other than using a backup. That's why you test upgrades on a test site before doing it on your live site.

Been trying to get into using Xenforo again and noticed I've been logging onto the admin cp through my mobile a lot more, so this update is really nice to see. Good work guys.