RM 1.0 Resource Manager Admin Options

While many of you will have seen the Resource Manager from a user viewpoint here, you haven't seen what's available for the admin. Below are screenshots of the main options for the RM, what controls you have over a category, and the permissions available. There are some other things like cache rebuilding and moderator logging that the RM does, but they're not particularly interesting.

So, let's look at some rather big images then...

General Options
options.webp

Category Controls
category.webp

Permissions
permissions.webp

Would be great to have something like what vb.org does. That you can save/tag download/items where you are interested in and later can check back!

I think Watched Resources is different. There are all kinds of reasons to Watch a resource ... it might be interesting later ... I've used it already ... It's one among several others like it.

Actually a way of having my own categories of resources would be good

-- WANT!
-- Maybe
-- Gotit
-- Misc

It's looking like this should be adapted for a shop use, but only with links to external products... will have to buy a copy and play around with it.

More of a product listing with images and information about a product then a Buy button at the top which links to the external shop. Look forward to seeing what can be done with it.

Love the resource manager. One suggestion (maybe with an addon?): it would be great if access to certain categories can be permission based, so there can be a category for staff-only, where instructions/manuals/scanned documents can be put without normal users knowing about that...

Love the resource manager. One suggestion (maybe with an addon?): it would be great if access to certain categories can be permission based, so there can be a category for staff-only, where instructions/manuals/scanned documents can be put without normal users knowing about that...

I think this is important both for staff (drafts, or strictly staff related matters) but also things relevant to a particular usergroup.
Examples:

STAFF - Draft guides/ tutorials. Staff guides and rules for their work. Notes on difficult/ sensitive users with support needs. Lists of links to useful threads to use when giving support answers. Lists of snippet text to use when giving support answers.

UPGRADE/ STATUS DIFFERENCE Members gain access to the area as a privilege.

GENDER Certain private issues like menstruation, birth labour, impotence, handling transgender experience etc
Or some communities might just like the 'special' feeling of an area for their own gender.

CHILDREN specifics not of interest to adult members
PARENTS Areas that provide help and support for parenting like discipline where they may not want their child to access as well.

RANGE INTERESTS - car types, gaming types etc Religions.

if I want to use my RM for App-reviews, e.g.: users uploading their Apps for iPhone and for Android........ would this work ?

Which file-extensions are mobile apps having ? Do we have this file-extension working with the RM ?

Many thanks!

Which file-extensions are mobile apps having ? Do we have this file-extension working with the RM ?
Allowed file extensions are unique to the RM ACP setting so you can specify any file extension you want to be permissible to be uploaded to the RM versus the forums. That means you don't have to worry about having an extension working with the RM but rather is just a choice of you as the Admin' making of what file types do you want to allow to be uploaded as a "resource" on your site.

Top Bottom