1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 resource manager not in admin option

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by arpitjain, Jul 18, 2013.

1. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

i want to create node to show resources by category for that i have to configure resources manager through options ...but it is not in option

2. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

i want to show resources by category most popular , recent ...how it is possible

3. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

There are tabs in the Resource Manager: "Latest Updates", "Newest Resources", "Top Resources", "Most Downloaded". These can be selected with or without category selected.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The resource manager options enable the discussion threads for each category to be posted to different forums.

5. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

i am new for xenforo.....i cant see my resource manager in options with admin panel ..where to select these tab and show with page...thanks

6. Brogan

Check your user group permissions.

7. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

then how to display resources with categories on page ...i want to create a node resources with sub node of catogeries in column and want to show resources according to there categories .... i am new for xenforo...thanks

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no "Resources" node type, you will require a custom add-on for this.

9. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

can you suggest add on which i can customize for my requirements ...thanks

10. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

11. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

i have created the resources node with these child categories most popular ,resent resources but how to display related resources with these categories .....
    how to display popular resources on click of most popular categories of resources

12. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

in my admin panel options i have a howto manager option but with it there is no option to create and display categories ..... my version of xengoro is 1.1.5

13. Vincent

ACP -> Applications -> Resource Manager (at the bottom) -> Resource Categories

14. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

in my admin panel options i have a howto manager option but with it there is no option to create and display categories my version of xengoro is 1.1.5

But there was nothing..its giving me blank..
    even my resource manager displayed in Howtos .. i m not getting how to customize this in resource node.. but there is a option in node tree to create category ..how to relate this category with resources

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  15. Vincent

You have to add some in order to see them. Click "+ Create New Category"

16. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

but there is no option to create new category even there is nothing displayed.. and even my resources manager is shown as howtos manager how this?

17. arpitjain

arpitjain Member

ACP -> Applications ->HOWTOManager (at the bottom) and howto Categories when i click to howto categories it is blank...there is no option to create new categories....why my resource manager become how to manager ...and where to change it in resource manager....this how to manager create a node howtos on my page where it shows some example categories ...but where from these category come..when how to categoryin admin is blank ....when i disable resource manager how to manager from options also removed from options list....my xenforo version is 1.1.5

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  18. Vincent

What did you install so it shows HOWTO manager?
    Contact the author of that addon/modification.

19. Brogan

I really don't understand what it is you are trying to do.

You may want to consider employing a technical administrator to help you set things up.

Jeremy likes this.
  20. Brogan

I have merged your two threads as you cross posted the same issue at least four times.

Please do not cross post as it results in wasted time for those trying to help you.