Resource icon

Reset Password From ACP 1.0.1

No permission to download
Hi @Chris D

Does this work with xenforo 1.3 and is it possible to do a batch password reset? I just had my forum moved over from SMF 2.0 and all the old passowrds are not working, over 9k users :(.

Kind Regards.

Yes it works with 1.3.

There is no way to do it in batches unfortunately.
Ouchie!

Thanks for the quick reply. I am searching the forums on here to see if I will be able to find a way to send an email to all users with a link for them to reset their passwords, do you know of any?

Thanks again for the help.

Kind Regards.

Ouchie!

Thanks for the quick reply. I am searching the forums on here to see if I will be able to find a way to send an email to all users with a link for them to reset their passwords, do you know of any?

Thanks again for the help.

Kind Regards.

It would be easiest to use the Email Users tool (ACP > Users > Email Users) with a link to the lost password page <forumroot>/lost-password/.

i am having issues with this in in 1.3.4 i pressed the reset password box about 15 times and never received the emails and yes i did check the junk mail

and i checked to see if it did change by using the old same pass and it didn't change i could login with same old pass and it totally fails on my testing board

Last edited:
What did you do after you "pressed the reset password box about 15 times"?

Did you then click "Save User"?

Are there generally any problems with email on your board? If you manually trigger a password reset email, e.g. visit http://your-site.com/index.php?lost-password/ does that send an email as expected?
just finished my further testing this add one kills it:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-reputation-system.2400/

and my members rely on this add one..

i had issues in the past with this add one where i could not even properly create a user giving me errors..

but this version is stable but seems like it interferes with ur add one...

i left the minimum to exclude nay other possible add one casing this:

seems like rep system is the only one on my test board...
ak2zh.png

There's nothing wrong with my add-on to debug. My add-on is about 5 lines of code. There's nothing to go wrong.

My code literally does this:
PHP:
$parent = parent::actionSave();

// Do stuff here

return $parent;

If it's not working then the reputation add-on or another add-on you have may be extending the same function and not doing things correctly. Basically the above code that I use is the only way to properly extend an existing XF function and ensure compatibility with others.

@borbole would be the best person to test this out.

Strange days my friend :sneaky:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey @Chris D, this doesn't seem to be working for 1.5.4, reset the password but it doesn't take. Any chance you'd be able to fit fixing this into your busy schedule please??

Top Bottom