XF 1.4 Reset password issue

flowerpot132

Pretty sure everything is ok here, but can anyone help solve this issue we sometimes get from members?

"I have problems re-setting my password. Its saying that my existing password is incorrect. But that's a system generated one which now I want to change to a memorable one but gives the message as stated."

I wonder if it is something to do with the reset password email the user receives. Our users inboxes are quite sensitive, so that email could be going into spam. So they don't think it has worked, then reset it again, but might dig out the old one that was in spam, and that link would then not work.

Any help, much appreciated. Thank you.

I wonder if it is something to do with the reset password email the user receives. Our users inboxes are quite sensitive, so that email could be going into spam. So they don't think it has worked, then reset it again, but might dig out the old one that was in spam, and that link would then not work.
If that's the case, then I'm not sure what can be done about that. They are literally using an old password in this situation.

Otherwise, I could only guess they're making a mistake when entering the newly generated password.

Worth noting that 1.5 changes the password reset process and likely avoids this.

Top Bottom