1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset Password From ACP 1.0.1

Allows an admin to generate a password reset e-mail

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Reset Password From ACP (version 1.0) - Allows an admin to generate a password reset e-mail

Read more about this resource...
    D.O.A. and lwlol like this.
  2. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good idea :)
    lwlol likes this.
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Why this wasn't a default function in XenForo, I'll never know.... Thankfully we have Chris
    Joeychgo, D.O.A. and Chris D like this.
  4. Gray Adams

Gray Adams Member

Hey, I just recently switched over from Vanilla Forums. I need to reset the passwords on all of the accounts and e-mail all 4,000 of them. Is there a way to do that with this? If not by default, do you know of a way I could make it do that?
  5. eransss

eransss Active Member

Chris the add-on is great but it all of a sudden stopped working for me can you please help me fix it. It is not giving me any type of error but it is not sending out a new password anymore
  6. Chris D

It's working fine for me on XF 1.1.4 (and was working fine on earlier versions).
  7. eransss

eransss Active Member

i currently have XF 1.1.3 at the moment but am hoping to have it upgraded by the end of the night. BTW what did they change in 1.1.4 that is not in 1.1.3?

but it is still not working for me
  8. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Does it work on the new 1.2 beta's ?
  9. Chris D

Yeah works fine.
    wickedstangs likes this.
  10. I'm wondering the same thing.
  11. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

You could probably do it with a command in the MySQL database. I'm guessing @Chris Deeming would know.
  12. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Quick question with this. Once the email is sent with the new password, is the normal procedure followed in terms of the end user having to change their password once they log in with that new password? OR do they not have to change their password. Can't remember if that is what happens or not.
  13. Do you mean by doing a SQL update with randomly generated sequences of characters? I was more hoping to leverage this tool somehow through some sort of feature extension.
  14. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I actually have no idea what that means. I've just seen commands that you enter into MySQL database to get some things done, and this seems like one of them... :p
  15. seojoseph

seojoseph Member

So this does with with 1.2?
  16. Chris D

Try it
    seojoseph likes this.
  17. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. :)
    seojoseph likes this.
  18. Jbaird

Jbaird New Member

I tried installing this using the install app option in ACP for XenForo 1.2.2 and got the following error:

Please enter a valid callback method (ResetPasswordFromACP_Listener::extendControllers).
  19. Chris D

That would usually mean you haven't uploaded the files to the correct location.
  20. torrent7

torrent7 New Member

Thanks for this Add-on Chris.

Would it be possible to add support that does a batch user pw reset? In the past I've done password resets via mysql queries (and did indeed recently do one when I moved from vbulletin to xenforo due to to the vbulletin install getting hacked), but it would be really nice to just send a new password via email to all affected users.