As designed Reopen - "Log Out" logs me out of Facebook

This is really still implicitly the way Facebook tells you to set it up. Their app logout method logs you out of FB as well: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/login-flow-for-web/v2.1#logout
The point is that it is not in the Platform Policy anymore, so Xenforo forum administrator as a Facebook developer do not have obligation to force logging user out of the Facebook at all even it is still "recommended" or "best practice." At least please consider making it a system option and let us decide.

XenForo, quite rightly, will always adhere to recommended and best practice when dealing with external APIs. Why would they go against recommendations?

It seems like you will have to look at having some custom code developed if you would like to change the behaviour.

XenForo, quite rightly, will always adhere to recommended and best practice when dealing with external APIs. Why would they go against recommendations?

It seems like you will have to look at having some custom code developed if you would like to change the behaviour.
Because we are serving our users, not Facebook. The practice is not technical recommendation or best practice, Facebook stated it clearly that they want the behaviour to be "as users expected", which in the reality is actually the other way round. Of course I have no other choice but fix it by myself if XenForo chose to keep it like that, I will just be disappointed. :(

If XenForo doesn't log you out of Facebook when you log out of the forums, after the logout redirect you will be logged in again immediately because the script detects the Facebook session and trigger the XenForo login routine.

Top Bottom