XF 1.4 Removing Super Moderator

Trix

Hey there, i have a list of 'Super Moderators' and some of these guys haven't been online in years, so i want to remove them from being a moderator, and back to a regular member.

On the list of Moderators in the admin cp, i can click the red x next to their name to remove them. The wording isn't too clear though on whether this just revokes their moderator permissions, and puts them back as a regular member, Or whether it removes them from the site entirely and all of their content.

Any help and advice would be great, thanks :)

For the most part suggestions shouldn't get shot down in flames unless they are lacking detail or are really counter productive or non sensical. I'm sure some level of discussion will happen, but unless we mark it as No Thanks or Lack of Interest it is still a valid suggestion.

I just found something similar to this which really is extremely dangerous and very nearly caused me to delete a user.

If you create an email list based on certain criteria (e.g. usergroup) from the "email users" menu in ACP, just before confirming the meial you get to view a list of users that will be emailed.

Based on this thread here, I assumed it was the same, and that clicking on delete would just remove that user from the list.

But no. It would actually delete the user.

See here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/deleting-removing-user-from-email-list.92209/

It's a two step process so would require confirmation.
Yes, however both processes use the word "delete": in the second step which is very similar wording, and after reading this thread, you'd think delete only means remove form the list rather than really really delete the user.

Not really.

The page you are on is the users page - as can be seen from the highlighted tab and the URL.

Also, the confirmation overlay is:
upload_2015-2-4_12-57-57.webp

I don't see how that can be interpreted any other way.

Not really.

The page you are on is the users page - as can be seen from the highlighted tab and the URL.

Also, the confirmation overlay is:
View attachment 97296

I don't see how that can be interpreted any other way.

It looks very similar to this:

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 13.07.33.webp

Which doesn't delete.

I think this is obvious to someone as experienced as yourself, but not to people who are still relatively new to xenforo.

One of those deletes and the other one just revokes a status but doesn't delete.

Top Bottom