XF 2.1 Super Moderator / Super Administrator as mentioned in docs?

NealC

The docs mention a super moderator being different from moderator, same with admin, yet I can't find where to distinguish such in XF 2.1.latest. Can someone provide more details on this?

The docs mention a super moderator being different from moderator, same with admin, yet I can't find where to distinguish such in XF 2.1.latest. Can someone provide more details on this?

A SuperAdmin has all rights and can do everything, even delete content permanently from the database. With a "normal" admin you can set what he is allowed to do and what not.

A Supermoderator can always access all forums, a moderator only on for him approved forums with from you assigned rights.

That's my experience so far ...: D

Reactions: sbj
Mods deal with the frontend.
Admins with the backend.

An admin can't see for example the moderator bar for mods. Or mods can't see the admin bar to login to the ACP and manage things.

I understand Admin and Moderator but the docs refer to Super XYZ as if there was once a design for user groups by this name, maybe from vBulletin days but it never transpired into XenForo? Either the docs need updating or I'm missing the differences per XF 2.1.

It's mentioned in the documentation.

There are two types of moderators: super and forum-specific. Super moderators have permissions in all forums by default, while a forum moderator is only able to use those permissions in the specific forums they're assigned to.

It's also an explicit action when adding a moderator:

Likewise for administrators.

There are two types of administrators: super and regular. Super administrators always have access to all parts of the control panel and can add/remove other administrators. Regular administrators are controlled by the specific permissions applied to them. They are unable to add/remove administrators.

Top Bottom