Implemented Register with LinkedIn account

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks for pointing out. I'm not really great with integrating this into Xenforo sign-up code, although it doesn't seem too hard to do.

+1.

I don't personally see a need for LinkedIn integration for any of my projects but I can see a need for communities aimed at certain professions.

I personally believe third-party login mechanisms should be handled by the core rather than third-party add-one purely for the sake of security.

P.S. this threads sure gonna' attract attention now Twitter and Google support has been added :p.

So now that this has a Lack of Interest tag is it completely dead? What does one have to do to revive something?
Keep bashing on about it and hope others agree that LinkedIn integration is needed in the core product.

Didn't linkedin get hacked awhile back?
Yes, they had a security breach in 2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_LinkedIn_hack).

However, considering LinkedIn is one of the top 25 websites on the web, it's still a service millions of people use and... would drive traffic to some communities.

Last edited:
From the forum description:
If a suggestion is tagged with "lack of interest" and you're still interested in it, you're free to re-suggest it in the correct forum.

The lack of interest prefix has been added for months. There literally wasn't a single like on the first post until today.

It's a well know fact that only a tiny %% of their "users" are engaged, and of those only a tiny percentage would want to move their work "professional" persona into forums......

Hate to be contrary, but I think XF made the right decision on this one!

It's a well know fact that only a tiny %% of their "users" are engaged, and of those only a tiny percentage would want to move their work "professional" persona into forums......

Unless you own a forum for... I don't know.. .work professionals. I bet I get 0 sign ups on my Orchids Forum from Twitter. Doesn't mean xenForo should add/drop it.

This is not my experience. It is true that only a small percent of Linkedin users are active at conversions at Linkedin, but actually a very high percentage of Linkedin users at logged in at least weekly to check for announcements and maintain their network, and most Linkedin users can easily remember their username and passwords.

Top Bottom