Referral Contests 2 by Siropu

Referral Contests 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.2.14

No permission to buy (€29.99)
10 pages long here so I won't go through every one but I have a question about unique signups.

Would security measures do this addon have to avoid fake signups say if I have contest mode enabled? Say I want to give out a prize for most referrals in one month, want to make sure the user did not use their own code to sign up multiple accounts just to win.

Referrals detected with used IPs will send an alert to admins.
Contests have the option to set minimum posts for referrals in order to be valid which should discourage cheaters.

@Siropu

I have it set so users can send 3 invites a month and there doesn't seem to be any clear information on how many they have remaining to send.

Is it possible to display to the user how many they are able to send.

Here would be great:
1.webp

and here /index.php?account/invitations

Siropu updated Referral Contests 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Feature & Improvements

Added the option to use encrypted user IDs instead of the actual user ID. This will create a short alphanumeric ID of 5 characters or more.
Added invitations sent stats and the number of invitations left for users on invitation section pages.
Added the number of invitations sent and how many left in the visitor menu when "Make board invitation only" is enabled.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu I have a secondary usergroup with the permissions set to never and it seems the users can still view the invitations page index.php?account/invitations

Both the navigation and the page itself checks for the permission "View contests" so there are no bugs regarding permissions and I don't see any issues in my tests.

It works with cookies so when they register, the member who referred them will become the referrer.

Top Bottom