Redactor or TinyMce?

Redactor

• Total voters
Another option for those who are absolutely sure they want the new version (otherwise it's biased) ;)

Edit: Nijad!

I'd like to see a mixture of the two.

Yes, I want TinyActor.

peter-dinklage.webp

I don't want TinyMCE back, I wan't redactor with some minor stuff like TinyMCE had that this editor makes less user-friendly in some aspects. :rolleyes:
~~ on the fence

Last edited:
I liked the old one, never had any problems with it. But the new one seems nice too. Prefer the smilies appearing at the bottom in this one.

For XF? Redactor without a doubt. XF doesn't need something like TinyMCE, it's bloated and over complicated. This is a forum, not a CMS (although obviously Redactor would be fine with a CMS!).

Now, when it comes to general use, I prefer CKEditor over TinyMCE - both suck, but CKEditor4 seems to suck a little less in my experience.

The biggest downside with Redactor is the low number of users (thus low number of 3rd party addons).

The only thing I dislike with the XF implementation of redactor is the inverted gradient on the buttons. It makes it look like the buttons are already pressed, which is slightly poor UX.

Yup @tenants what got me confuse it's why isn't letting me select an image and use the url function to link such image.
Strangely nobody reported such thing but this must be a bug. :cautious:

I like Redactor. It'll have its quirks, all editors do, but I like the idea of being able to easily style it and add custom icon sprites - Trés cool. :cool:

I've changed my mind on the smiley drop-down too - didn't like it at first, but now I've used it for a couple of days I'm getting used to it and think it'll better fit most people's non-standard smiley sets (I had to customise the CSS in 1.1 for the smiley drop-out to accommodate the CycleChat smilies - they should easily fit in the drop-down area now!! ;)).

Redactor all the way.

XenForo.com is currently ironing out the bugs and so you can't exactly be upset or disappointed every time something here goes bump. Beta software is pre-release software which guarantees bugs and guarantees further development. So anyone expecting a flawless and smooth ride while this is in beta has unrealistic expectations.

Overall Redactor has made the site faster and smoother loading. And I believe once its complete, we'll have even a better experience.

But as of now, I'm sold on Redactor. :)

Redactor all the way.

XenForo.com is currently ironing out the bugs and so you can't exactly be upset or disappointed every time something here goes bump. Beta software is pre-release software which guarantees bugs and guarantees further developments. So anyone expecting a flawless and smooth ride while this is in beta has unrealistic expectations.

Overall Redactor has made the site faster and smoother loading. And I believe once its complete, we'll have even a better experience.

But as of now, I'm sold on Redactor. :)

I'll be honest, btw well said Adam. I am truly sold on Redactor. I had originally (but never posted my concerns) thought i wouldn't take to it and glad I didn't post my concerns. The benefits right away I'm seeing

1. Smoother loading
  2. Easy customization, Easier than older TinyMCE editor
  3. Looks cleaner
  4. Responsive compatible (unsure whether the old Tinymce was) but there were adverse affects with width issues in thread_view and conversations area when you increased messageuserinfo
I think i could go on all day over the benefits that Redactor (for me) have over TinyMCE but to cut a long story short, like Adam, I'm sold which didn't need much convincing tbh. Totally happy with it so far from what I've seen of it here and the devs are stamping out the issues quickly to make it even better for the user.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence until redactor works better for me on my iPad! That said, it seems to be behaving nicely tonight, so perhaps something's been tweaked?! Not had chance to keep up with posts today.

Top Bottom