Redactor or TinyMce?

Redactor

• Total voters
When I get my hands on 1.2 I will style Redactor to look similar to TinyMCE and eventually make a guide, so this hopefully will satisfy people on both sides.

Here you go, just to show you how easy it is to customize redactor to your needs:

redactor.webp

I suggest people should wait a bit with criticizing the current Redactor-editor, until K+M have kicked the bugs out of it.
We all are very lucky that we have 2 of the best coders in the world who are actually able to do this. More waiting is required ;)

For me the killer-feature of Redactor is the Drag-Drop capability, which is really great. (y)
Just test it and you will see the innovation.

Changing the design of it with some sprite-images and CSS will be an easy deal.....

No complaining required.

:coffee:

Last edited:
I use an editor to make posts, occasionally with some text styling. I could do this in both.

I hated switching to the bbcode editor to insert a code snippet, but I haven't tried this with redactor so I don't know if it's any different. In any case, I voted redactor because it's working and I don't see a desire to revert to an editor we previously had when, regardless of the editor, people are always going to want a different one. Welcome to compromise.

I voted Redactor because it's less buggy and more easily styleable in three days of being live than TinyMCE was in three years.

1. TinyMCE
  2. Redactor
  3. On the fence
  4. Like to b**ch about editors, regardless how good all the current ones are. If Xenforo has X editors, I want X+1.
4 isn't for me, Cedric's TinyMCE tweaks were OK by me. Redactor seems even better.

Yea, the lack of colour is what kinda puts me off about the toolbar section of the editor, I know, it's a very minor thing, but the dark grey/grey look is kinda depressing! :p

I'd like to see the one here, themed like in the post above.

Is there a comparison table somewhere comparing the two editors?

The biggest thing that I dislike about the new editor, is the utter lack of colors. It looks like a big grey area with letters and stuff in it. I do think that's something that could be improved on.

TinyMCE looked lonely.

In all seriousness, the new editor is much smoother, and "fits" xF. TinyMCE just seemed to be missing the look and smoothness Redactor has.

Top Bottom