Implemented Redactor Jquery editor instead of Tinymce

Dodgeboard

The cost for a software distributor to include Redactor in it's distributable product is a one time fee of $399, for unlimited distribution's. Hardly a huge investment for XF, with as many licenses as they sell. What is that?...(3) XF licenses, for virtually unlimited redistribution rights to incorporate Redactor into their core software? Looks like a pretty fair deal.

Ernest L. Defoe

After playing around with Redactor I would love for xF to ship with this. I think it would make xF that much ahead of everyone else. The inline image resize that melbo mentioned is freaking awesome.

Reactions: DRE

Grover

After playing around with Redactor I would love for xF to ship with this. I think it would make xF that much ahead of everyone else. The inline image resize that melbo mentioned is freaking awesome.
Never heard of Redactor... after Alfa's suggestion I checked it out also and wow:
Personally I don't have much problems with the current Xenforo editor (but I seem to be in the minority ;)), other then pressing 'Insert/edit link' seems to be quite slow. However the above listed 3 points are (at least for me/my platform) very welcome features I would love to be able to use in Xenforo if I ever switch to it. (I am actually still not using Xenforo on any of my projects).

Grover

They have interesting plugins, http://imperavi.com/redactor/docs/plugins/:

----
Fullscreen
The "fullscreen" mode is now a plugin on the toolbar to toggle full-window editing on and off.

Clips
Adds a drop-down list of pre-defined "clips" (or "snips") that you can create to save time, such as intro or footer text.
----

Very interesting, as I was always looking for my Mods to have ready-made text-snippets for them, so that they can just press a dropdown and select a canned response to yet again a member who is posting unwanted advertisements. Clips like that would come in soooo handy, making life on the forum for my Mods considerably easier and fun.

Reactions: DRE

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
They have interesting plugins, http://imperavi.com/redactor/docs/plugins/:

----
Fullscreen
The "fullscreen" mode is now a plugin on the toolbar to toggle full-window editing on and off.

Clips
Adds a drop-down list of pre-defined "clips" (or "snips") that you can create to save time, such as intro or footer text.
----

Very interesting, as I was always looking for my Mods to have ready-made text-snippets for them, so that they can just press a dropdown and select a canned response to yet again a member who is posting unwanted advertisements. Clips like that would come in soooo handy, making life on the forum for my Mods considerably easier and fun.
I like the "air editor" setting personally.

Eagle

TinyMCE is obviously the most popular plugin, used even by XenForo but CKEditor is a big project and CKEditor seems more feature full. On the positive, it's far more consistent but bug-free than TinyMCE. CKEditor is very stable, very easy to use and has integrated the file manager. For example, I really like CKEditor's autogrow feature.

MOZ

I was able to integrate CKEditor on a test dev.
Lacking experience in CKeditor, I was unable to add extra tags/smilies support.
I'm willing to work with someone if they are up for it.