1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned CK Editor instead of TinyMCE

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Sage Knight, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

This has been mentioned a few times in several threads. I am sure there is not a dedicated thread for this request in this section.

TinyMCE does the job, but CK editor is a lot better from my own experience and the only thing I miss of vB 4.

Please consider adding and replacing TinyMCE =]

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

After using the other editors on both respected softwares I have to say I prefer tinymce. Perhaps it's just bad implementation on the other softwares but i find the editor here less troublesome than the others ones on other forum softwares that are using ckeditor. Never thought i'd say that.

Pereira likes this.
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I think Xenforo has work to do before changing editors.

Sage Knight likes this.
  4. Digital Doctor

BTW, what is better about CKeditor in your opinion ?

Don't forget about the TinyMCE improvements.

5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Well if they did change editors i hope they work on a smiley manager. we have a good alternative in the dc smiley manager with categories. There's just no way i could ever go back to using any form of drop down death smiley menu where it's 1999 all over again.

Sage Knight and Digital Doctor like this.
  6. Digital Doctor

7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Strange, but I did not find any kind of "Editor" at Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. :eek:

.... and those websites seem to work quite well without an "Editor" :confused:

Even more strange, I could not find any "BB code" at Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. :p

:cool:

8. Sage Knight

I understand maybe it is not the best from the developer's point of view. After all I am just a end user.

The new CK editor has a better UI, the BB code editor is a lot better. Less bugs IMO, though I guess this is debatable. I found it easier to use and it appealed both to BB code savy and just simple plain text users. My members also loved it a lot more, it was more versatile and did the job in the best way for us.

9. Digital Doctor

FWIW, my "read" of the situation is that unless TinyMCE updates go super well for Xenforo ... I bet they eventually change to CKeditor.

10. Sage Knight

I think a BB-Code-Editor is an essential pillar of forums to help an average member decorate their post, put emphasis and organize their information, which is essential to good communication.

I don't know how FB, Twitter and the rest are managing as I use none of those :p

Digital Doctor likes this.
  11. Sage Knight

From what I read just a sec ago, they are preparing a new 4.o version

http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30037

But again, maybe it's because of the current bugs, I'd still give anything to have CK Editor as default. So I do hope you're right.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is a No Thanks due to Redactor being implemented in 1.2