Recent Posts by Siropu

Recent Posts by Siropu [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy (€9.99)
Unfortunately you can't integrate it as they are not compatible. I might add that feature, we'll see. As for chat, I will see what I can do.

Yea I fixed it by installing recent posts first and then the chat. chat is on top now.

Hello, is there any way to have the number of "views" and "replies" displayed for a thread in the "recent posts"?

edit: a separate option for both to turn it off and on in the ACP would be awesome. :)

Last edited:
Hello
Is this compatible with BD image?
Can I display multiple recent post widgets for different forums in the same page?
How much will this affect performance?

@Siropu thank you so much for adding that option. Great work! :)

One last request if possible. Can you make an option to leave out a thread? Some threads we dont want on the front page for various reasons.

I think I have found a bug. When you move a post to an existing thread, it stays marked unread even if you click on it. Someone has to post after that post, for the problem to be fixed.

How does bbcode parsing work with the snippet? Does it include quotes and emoticons and everything? Or does it strip all bbcode and do plaintext only? Also, is there an option to choose the maximum title / snippet length?

Thanks!

By default, you can only use it on the available positions (Sidebar Top, Sidebar Below Visitor Panel, Sidebar Bottom, Above Forum List, Below Forum List)
There is also a "Custom" position that can be used with Widget Framework.

By default, you can only use it on the available positions (Sidebar Top, Sidebar Below Visitor Panel, Sidebar Bottom, Above Forum List, Below Forum List)
There is also a "Custom" position that can be used with Widget Framework.
Ok cool! Widget framework allows setting in RM pages, so I'll purchase it now. Thanks for the help!

Hey @Siropu , I found the place to put it in Widget framework, but it only allows one instance. Is there any way for me to have multiple Recent Posts sidebars? Basically I have a special one for staff members, and then everyone can see the full-forum one. Widget framework allows me to make as many "Thread" widgets as I want, each with different settings / forums / etc. Any chance of this plugin doing that?

Thanks!

Hello @Siropu,

Very small suggestion.

I notice you used the same XF phrase recent_posts for your Recent Posts heading (template: siropu_recent_posts_forum)

Might be worthwhile to change it so you use a separate phrase, in case we want to change it to a different heading (because I use different Recent Posts in this add-on for certain forums only). To workaround this I edited the template directly.

Top Bottom