Browser issue  Quick Reply Small

Have you resized the window without reloading? The WYSIWYG editor does not resize automatically.

You also didn't have the browser on split-screen (the Windows 7 one-window-on-the-left, one-window-on-the-right feature), right? That will do it too (well, it's also resizing the browser, lol, but I figured I'd point it out too).

I get the same thing on Opera.
Opera.webp
This is what I get on Firefox, Chrome, Safari (for PC) and IE8:

Firefox.webp

This is on my MacBookPro on the Windows Side, one monitor involved.

I did catch this once, and I noticed what appeared to be a "flash of unstyled content", so Shadab is likely correct. I don't know how to workaround it though. The CSS is in the <head>, so it's not being loaded lated. TinyMCE is being init'd (on document ready) and its size is based on the size of the textarea it is based on. If it fires the document ready events without the full CSS being applied, then the width of the textarea will be wrong and the init will be wrong.

I don't see a feasible way to workaround this - I think we're doing as much as we can to not trigger this in the first place. Resizing TinyMCE is an issue, so it's not going to be easy to reset the width.

It looks like this may have been a long standing issue/approach in Opera. This blog does a pretty good job of discussing it: http://molily.de/weblog/domcontentloaded It also implies that HTML5 may implicitly say that it's wrong, though with the spec having changed, that might be correct.

As this goes away on the next page view, I'm going to have to tag this as a browser bug.

Have you resized the window without reloading? The WYSIWYG editor does not resize automatically.

I wonder if this could be fixed (automatic resize).
Everything else nicely adapts to the browser window width,
would be so nice if TinyMCE could as well. :)

Top Bottom