1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Quick Reply Small

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by turtile, Jan 21, 2011.

1. turtile

turtile Well-Known Member

The quick reply box is randomly small. Picture below from Opera 11.0:

Attached Files:

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Have you resized the window without reloading? The WYSIWYG editor does not resize automatically.
  3. turtile

turtile Well-Known Member

No, it just ends up small randomly. Haven't had a problem with Firefox yet.
  4. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

You also didn't have the browser on split-screen (the Windows 7 one-window-on-the-left, one-window-on-the-right feature), right? That will do it too (well, it's also resizing the browser, lol, but I figured I'd point it out too).
  5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I get the same thing on Opera.
    This is what I get on Firefox, Chrome, Safari (for PC) and IE8:

This is on my MacBookPro on the Windows Side, one monitor involved.
  6. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

I think this happens if for some strange reason CSS files load after TinyMCE is initialized.
    I've had that happen on Opera 11 quite a few times.
  7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

TinyMCE gnnnnngnnnnn
  8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Opera gnnnnngnnnnngnnn
  9. Elizabeth

LOL, Kier, frustrated at both of them?
  10. Mike

I did catch this once, and I noticed what appeared to be a "flash of unstyled content", so Shadab is likely correct. I don't know how to workaround it though. The CSS is in the <head>, so it's not being loaded lated. TinyMCE is being init'd (on document ready) and its size is based on the size of the textarea it is based on. If it fires the document ready events without the full CSS being applied, then the width of the textarea will be wrong and the init will be wrong.
  11. Mike

I don't see a feasible way to workaround this - I think we're doing as much as we can to not trigger this in the first place. Resizing TinyMCE is an issue, so it's not going to be easy to reset the width.

It looks like this may have been a long standing issue/approach in Opera. This blog does a pretty good job of discussing it: http://molily.de/weblog/domcontentloaded It also implies that HTML5 may implicitly say that it's wrong, though with the spec having changed, that might be correct.

As this goes away on the next page view, I'm going to have to tag this as a browser bug.
    turtile and Kier like this.
  12. lightbox

lightbox Active Member

I wonder if this could be fixed (automatic resize).
    Everything else nicely adapts to the browser window width,
    would be so nice if TinyMCE could as well. :)
  13. Elizabeth

Mike, FWIW, it's not doing it in RC2. Liz