Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

Okay, installed today. Great new features. It does come along well. New permissions and a progress bar as well as user roles. Still a lot of essential things missing, but I am not impatient, let my try to help...

Here are some bugs I found so far:
  1. After uninstall and fresh install, old templates were still present. I had to delete (revert) the old templates to get it cleaned out.
  2. All "CallToAction" buttons (upper right corner right to the breadcrumb bar) do have "primaryButton" classes instead of "CallToAction" classes (mind the "<span>" tag that needs to be included as well). If I remember it right, i reported that in in the v1.0.0 version as well.
  3. Missing phrase in the Error Modal when you leave away the "Project Description" while generating a project.
  4. Projects User Page: A User's projects are listed but doubled and tripled.
  5. The class ".task" is not used, I wonder what that was for.
Essential (standard) things that are missing:
  1. Tags
  2. Alerts
  3. "Projects" Tab on Member Profile View
  4. Conditional visibility of "Projects Count" on Member Profile View and Member Cards (No projects = no visibility)
  5. Complete Meta Controls on Task Comments (approval, report, like, etc)
  6. "Report" function in general for projects (Report Projects, Report Tasks, Report Comments)
  7. Project Icons in the sidebar (Latest Projects)
  8. At some places the correct XF hierarchy of CSS Classes – instead of inline-styling (sorry to say) – for example the sidebar list items.
Nice to have:
  1. Task Icons (in general)
  2. Task Icons customizable
  3. Task Icons in the sidebar
  4. Category description ON HOVER (tooltip) on desktop (category description solid if on mobile)
  5. Plus my suggestions from above: Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com [Paid]
Permissions / Roles Clarification needed:
  1. I don't 100% understand the correlation of the "Can view category" in Category Setup in combination of the User Group Permissions. There you have – under Moderator Permissions – "Can view all Categories"... is this redundant? Or is this an override to the Category Setup?
  2. The User Roles (User, Co-Leader, Leader) are nowhere separated, so I don't really understand the difference in permissions. It looks like it is only a cosmetic name change. For example, "invite users" could be restricted to Leaders and Co-Leaders only, while deleting a project should be allowed to leaders only. I dont see that this is covered as it is now. To my understanding I would need to make separate user Groups in XF Core to have "Leaders, Co Leaders and Users" have different permissions. Which is not very desirable...
    1. I would propose to have "inline roles" for Project Manager – of what can be allowed – for every project. That is flexible and makes great sense, since every project can be different. Then you just need cover who can access categories.
  3. How are Threads and Forums be handled if someone has no access to a project/category?

Last edited:
A progress bar for tasks would also be nice.
And send alert when assign users to work on tasks.

I can not guarantee all these features, but be sure we will continue the development of this add-on.
Do you plan to implement the essential features? I can not imagine a project tracker succeeding without these features.

Allan updated Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com with a new update entry:

Bug fixed + news features - 2.0.1

New release: 2.0.1

Bug fixed
:
- The class ".task" is not used
- Missing phrase in the Error Modal when you leave away the "Project Description" while generating a project.
- All "CallToAction" buttons (upper right corner right to the breadcrumb bar) do have "primaryButton" classes instead of "CallToAction" classes (mind the "<span>" tag that needs to be included as well)

New features:
- Alerts system (look screens)
-- When a new user is added to a project
-- When a new user...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Here are some bugs I found so far:
  1. All "CallToAction" buttons (upper right corner right to the breadcrumb bar) do have "primaryButton" classes instead of "CallToAction" classes (mind the "<span>" tag that needs to be included as well). If I remember it right, i reported that in in the v1.0.0 version as well.
  2. Missing phrase in the Error Modal when you leave away the "Project Description" while generating a project.
  3. The class ".task" is not used, I wonder what that was for.
Fixed :)
Projects User Page: A User's projects are listed but doubled and tripled.
Do not hesitate to create a ticket, we will try to correct this.

Essential (standard) things that are missing:
  1. Tags
  2. Alerts
  3. "Projects" Tab on Member Profile View
  4. Conditional visibility of "Projects Count" on Member Profile View and Member Cards (No projects = no visibility)
  5. Complete Meta Controls on Task Comments (approval, report, like, etc)
  6. "Report" function in general for projects (Report Projects, Report Tasks, Report Comments)
  7. Project Icons in the sidebar (Latest Projects)
  8. At some places the correct XF hierarchy of CSS Classes – instead of inline-styling (sorry to say) – for example the sidebar list items.
1- Maybe in the next release
2- Added
3- Added
4- Added
5- Maybe in the next release
6- Maybe in the next release
7- Added
8- Maybe in the next release

Please look:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/projects-manager-themescorp-com.4863/update?update=18459

:)

This looks good Allan. Good job. Speaking from experience, you should price suggestions. So for the people who want feature X, let them fund that particular feature. In that way you can continue doing a great job and people can get what they want. All the best.

Top Bottom