Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com [Deleted]

I'd like to suggest the following functions to be added:
  • Custom fields
  • Milestones
  • Search project on fields, status & type.
  • 'My issues' link
  • Issue types (bug/suggestions/task/etc)
  • 'Can you reproduce this issue' function
  • Attachments
  • Tags
  • Assign user
  • vb Project Tools importer
Basically the same setup as vb PT had.
Suggestions:
  1. Incorporate the XF Tag System.
  2. Ability to reassign the project manager and/or "add" more than one project manager.
  3. Change permissions to edit projects to project managers instead of categories! Otherwise you would need to make an extra user group per category in worst case
  4. Sub-Catagories for the category system
  5. Ability to hide the Category descriptions and use Tooltip instead on the projects home page to show the description
  6. Make category and sub-category pages
  7. Implement the category description under the title on the category page.
  8. Remove the "edit" function on category click. It is irritating. Users expect to jump to the category instead. Make an "edit category" call-to-action button on the categories page and/or move the edit button to float right in the category title bar.
  9. Add "watch project" and "watch category" links.
  10. Implement "Project Search" into the XF search page.
  11. Implement a "Projects" Tab on the user profile page.
  12. Make "Project Count" number clickable (link to user's projects) in the mast sidebar info block to the left on the user profile page.
I takes note of your suggestions, they are interesting.
Is there a demo?
Not for the moment, maybe after the next release.
Bugs:
  1. Tooltip on project hover shows BB Code tags from the project description... would also be nice to have tooltips optional because with lengthy descriptions it looks awkward.
  2. "Edit" (Category/Project) should have "Cancel" buttons
  3. Sidebar "Latest Projects" block links produce "Page not found" errors.
Correct, fixed in the next release ;)

To support this I can fund this add-on too with some extra bucks.
Thank you :)

I will contact you probably so ;)

Sorry for double posts but my mind forms things more clearly as I write...

Let me elaborate this a little more...
  • It would be great to have two classes of roles of project participants: 1) "Project Manager" and 2) "Project Team". So you could make the whole permission thing based on the project role instead of categories. While Managers can edit projects and add/remove team members, team members can only participate with their basic rights.
  • In the Sidebar on project view you can list the project participants, so others can see who is working on a project.
  • Still User Group Permissions should be in effect for Categories just for "Can see Category" and separately "Can Post Project".
  • Make Projects individually in privacy to chose "Public Project" or "Private Project".
No problem, you're right, it's more understandable now, I cannot promise anything yet, but the maximum will be made.

It is also important to make issues private so only the issue starter and project managers can read it. If I want to move from vB PT then this is a must, for high level issues like security issues or if users don't want to make their site public.

Along that idea, it is also important to my users that individual replies can be made private (reply poster and project managers). Same reasons as above.

I quote my earlier suggestions from my first request on a XF project manager – just for the record...

So I suggest the add-on has the following features:
  • Integration into the node tree or into specific forums (to be compatible with other add-ons like social groups)
  • Team leader designation (with admin/mod specific rights)
  • Assignment of project team members to specific tasks
  • Visual progress in kind of "progress bars" with percentages
  • Status indication like "brainstorming", "in progress", "completed", "on hold", etc
  • Prioritization of projects/tasks per drag and drop or predefined "priority levels"
  • Calendar function to make timings for tasks and project completion
  • Alerts for project creation and status and task assignment changes
  • Permissions for who can manage, view, join project teams
  • (Nice to have) Presentation page (with view permissions) to let other (non-project-team-) members see where the project currently is at
  • (Advanced) Document management (PDF, Excel, Pics): assign documents to tasks/members and indicate different versions/updates
  • XenForo tags integration
  • And much more I don't know yet...

Found a bug: the XF Media Gallery integration is a little bit buggy. Margins and Paddings are not working and the UL lists have their bullet points.... I think it is just the wrong or missing the right classes. Try it yourself. Make a task and then post a picture from the XFMG into the comments under the task.

screenie.webp

Keeping an eye on this, but i really want to see a working demo before i think about paying out, images are good but can not get better than seeing how it works first hand.

@Allan Do all the project icons have the same icon, or can each be set to have it's own icon? And can attachments be used within the posting of a project, for eg posting a mockup image of something?

Keeping an eye on this, but i really want to see a working demo before i think about paying out, images are good but can not get better than seeing how it works first hand.
A demo will be available after the next release ;)

@Allan Do all the project icons have the same icon, or can each be set to have it's own icon? And can attachments be used within the posting of a project, for eg posting a mockup image of something?
All icons are identical yes.

We work on the next update. We will add many new features. I would add the ability to choose individuellement icons for each project, but I can not guarantee that it will present in the next update.

We work on the next update. We will add many new features. I would add the ability to choose individuellement icons for each project, but I can not guarantee that it will present in the next update.

Look forward to the update, i paid for the add-on at weekend and have started to set it up.

We work on the next update.

I am launching my board in the next couple of days and asking if this will take a while still or is it released soon? Just want to coordinate timings, because if it takes a while I will hide the Projects Manager from the users for a later separate release.

Allan updated Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com with a new update entry:

Bug fixed and new feature - 1.0.1

New release 1.0.1

Bug fixed:
- Tooltip description to Project more long (there is now a break)
- Link to projet in sidebar caused an error

New feature:
- Thread created automatically (when you create a category, you can now choose the forum or will create threads related to your projects) - NEW v1.0.1

I know a lot of people wait impatiently many new features in this add-on. Unfortunately, we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I know a lot of people wait impatiently many new features in this add-on. Unfortunately, we have supported many add-ons and custom requests.

We hugely work and do our best to satisfy our customers :)

All requests were noted and other features will come, a little patience.

To add the new tab to your existing projects, you simply edit the project and save, the tab will appear after saving project. (Of course, before, edit the category for choose the forum destination)

Allan updated Projects Manager - ThemesCorp.com with a new update entry:

New features - 2.0.0

Hello :)

To add many features, we were forced to recode a big part of the add-on, an update is IMPOSSIBLE!

So that our customers do not lose data on projects (including Projects, Categories, task, status..), we have created an importer.

So you have two options:
- Either you want to keep your data, and you follow the appointed instrcutions: Upgrade instructions
- Either you remove the 1.0.1 version of Project Manager and then install the version 2.0.0

Fresh...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice to see this progress. Are any of these feature requests implemented?
  • Custom fields (essential feature)
  • Milestones
  • 'My issues' link (essential feature)
  • Issue types (bug/suggestions/task/etc) (essential feature)
  • Attachments (essential feature)
  • Tags
  • Private issues

+1 for vb Project Tools importer.

It's very important thing. I really need it.
Did you the link to vB Project Tools please ?

Nice to see this progress. Are any of these feature requests implemented?
  • Custom fields (essential feature)
  • Milestones
  • 'My issues' link (essential feature)
  • Issue types (bug/suggestions/task/etc) (essential feature)
  • Attachments (essential feature)
  • Tags
  • Private issues
I can not guarantee all these features, but be sure we will continue the development of this add-on.

Top Bottom