It would be a great feature to have an add-on that is able to manage projects graphically and assign project team leaders as well as project team members to a project as well as assign tasks to different members of the project team and have control over timings and progress.
So I suggest the add-on has the following features:
- Integration into the node tree or into specific forums (to be compatible with other add-ons like social groups)
- Team leader designation (with admin/mod specific rights)
- Assignment of project team members to specific tasks
- Visual progress in kind of "progress bars" with percentages
- Status indication like "brainstorming", "in progress", "completed", "on hold", etc
- Prioritization of projects/tasks per drag and drop or predefined "priority levels"
- Calendar function to make timings for tasks and project completion
- Alerts for project creation and status and task assignment changes
- Permissions for who can manage, view, join project teams
- (Nice to have) Presentation page (with view permissions) to let other (non-project-team-) members see where the project currently is at
- (Advanced) Document management (PDF, Excel, Pics): assign documents to tasks/members and indicate different versions/updates
- XenForo tags integration
- And much more I don't know yet...
This is just an idea of which I hope a developer would realize it.