Add-on Project Management add-on

Freelancer

When you use a forum for an association, club, corp or non-profit, it is intended to bring together various members to be able to communicate over the development of internal projects.

It would be a great feature to have an add-on that is able to manage projects graphically and assign project team leaders as well as project team members to a project as well as assign tasks to different members of the project team and have control over timings and progress.

So I suggest the add-on has the following features:
  • Integration into the node tree or into specific forums (to be compatible with other add-ons like social groups)
  • Team leader designation (with admin/mod specific rights)
  • Assignment of project team members to specific tasks
  • Visual progress in kind of "progress bars" with percentages
  • Status indication like "brainstorming", "in progress", "completed", "on hold", etc
  • Prioritization of projects/tasks per drag and drop or predefined "priority levels"
  • Calendar function to make timings for tasks and project completion
  • Alerts for project creation and status and task assignment changes
  • Permissions for who can manage, view, join project teams
  • (Nice to have) Presentation page (with view permissions) to let other (non-project-team-) members see where the project currently is at
  • (Advanced) Document management (PDF, Excel, Pics): assign documents to tasks/members and indicate different versions/updates
  • XenForo tags integration
  • And much more I don't know yet...
Any developer keen to do it? As I would see this add-on in a professional environment I would suggest it has a price tag of around 50.- USD or more per license.

This is just an idea of which I hope a developer would realize it.

Sounds like a great add-on, I'd be interested in this too.

For now I've made a private node in my staff area and use prefixes to adjust the progress which makes it very limited.

got disappeared

You mean "abducted"? ;)

Yes looks not bad for a start but my intention would be to have it more sophisticated visually. Including GANTT diagrams and List of tasks and associated users plus progress/status indication. The "Project Tools" seem to have been too "list" like...

I am working on a simple add-on to handle/track issues more or less like how it's done on github during my free time for gfnlabs.com. :)

Keep an eye on @NixFifty 's ticket system. While it's designed as a helpdesk, it's a ticket system with statuses, priorities and custom fields. So basically it could be used to manage tasks and assign them to staff.

It doesn't have Events or RM integration.

Top Bottom