Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

The fix will be released soon too, was meant to be today but feeling sick.

The fix is included in this discussion.

@Robbo - Can you look at integrating friend inviter or social connect addons?
Not any time soon. I don't like integrating with other add-ons unless there is high demand or the other add-ons are well coded. So it is a maybe.

Looks like I may have found my answer, no? Or does it work, but it just isn't caught up with 1.2 as far as new feature integration?
It works with an edit from this page and a release for it is pending. I have just had a hectic weekend so not able to make the release. I like to make releases when I know I will be around for the first few days for support if things come up. This release should now be tomorrow.

Thanks @Robbo I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought this. Set it up, then realized I couldn't post on my forum. But, found the fix for it in this thread! :) I reactivated it just a few minutes ago!

I apologize if this has already been clearly stated, I did my best to read through 8 pages of threads on it. I don't have a super active board... I may get a new user ever few days. Otherwise, only have a little under 70 members... a lot of which never completed their profiles to my liking (which is why I bought this obviously! LOL) anyway... I have it all set up with all my stuff I want them to complete... of course my own profile is complete. I do not have it in set-up mode, made sure of that... I am admin (obviously again) and also understood that you don't support 3rd party side blocks, fine by me, I don't care. But, where in the heck, or how am I to know if it's working on my end?? I see no percentage bar anywhere for myself, and at times I thought I had read it would still show; but at 100%, then other times thought I had read it won't show if completed? Again, advance apologies as I am sure I have overlooked, or skimmed over the information that has probably been gone over, over, and over again. I found questions very similar to mine, but never was quite able to get a clear understanding on this. I just want to be sure it's working... at the least from here on forward with new members.

But luckily, due to this thread I did find the fix in the .php file to fix the error with posting on the forum. So have it re-enabled, and am just excited about it and hope it works correctly for me. I am still pretty novice to XF, and just learned from @Mike Edge teaching me how to properly install add-ons myself via FTP, upgrade them, and even fixed a couple myself by finding the missing files based on errors! GO ME! -- Ok enough rambling. :)

Thanks @Robbo I went ahead and pulled the trigger and bought this. Set it up, then realized I couldn't post on my forum. But, found the fix for it in this thread! :) I reactivated it just a few minutes ago!

I apologize if this has already been clearly stated, I did my best to read through 8 pages of threads on it. I don't have a super active board... I may get a new user ever few days. Otherwise, only have a little under 70 members... a lot of which never completed their profiles to my liking (which is why I bought this obviously! LOL) anyway... I have it all set up with all my stuff I want them to complete... of course my own profile is complete. I do not have it in set-up mode, made sure of that... I am admin (obviously again) and also understood that you don't support 3rd party side blocks, fine by me, I don't care. But, where in the heck, or how am I to know if it's working on my end?? I see no percentage bar anywhere for myself, and at times I thought I had read it would still show; but at 100%, then other times thought I had read it won't show if completed? Again, advance apologies as I am sure I have overlooked, or skimmed over the information that has probably been gone over, over, and over again. I found questions very similar to mine, but never was quite able to get a clear understanding on this. I just want to be sure it's working... at the least from here on forward with new members.

But luckily, due to this thread I did find the fix in the .php file to fix the error with posting on the forum. So have it re-enabled, and am just excited about it and hope it works correctly for me. I am still pretty novice to XF, and just learned from @Mike Edge teaching me how to properly install add-ons myself via FTP, upgrade them, and even fixed a couple myself by finding the missing files based on errors! GO ME! -- Ok enough rambling. :)
It isn't really your fault for not knowing the answers but mine for having no FAQ (this will be looked at in future). But I am a bit confused about what you are trying to ask. Just want to know if it is working? Create a new user and go through the process. If you are at 100% nothing will show anymore as you have completed your profile.

Ok, all I got to say is this... AHHH-MAYYYY-ZING! ... Love, love, love this add-on!! I tested it under a decoy user I have I forgot I had actually registered for testing purposes and it works beautifully! All my questions took me direct to the right places, and it was a great guide and influencer I believe. Even with me knowing the end results after testing a few, I felt the need to want to hit that 100% mark and complete everything, so can only imagine it being awesome for new members... can't wait to get a new member now! Then yeah, after you hit 100% you just get an alert congratulating you... and voila! Percentage meter is gone! Now, as long as I don't run into any existing users problems all is perfect, but the username I used was existing! Ha! to even some of my mods whom haven't totally completed their profile's to my liking!!! Bahahahahaha!

Robbo updated Profile Completion Steps with a new update entry:

1.0 RC1 Released

This is a small maintenance release for minor bugs and XenForo 1.2.x compatibility issues. It is also the first release candidate release. Next release should be 1.0 stable with any new features pushed to an upcoming 1.1.x release.

Full details for how to install and upgrade Profile Completion Steps can be found in the XenForo Manual.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have just purchased this and was in the process of setting it up and i could see it on the main forum as i was setting it up and then all of a sudden its not showing on my index page at the top its just totally gone... Does anyone know why this is?

If you "pass" the steps it won't show anymore. Have you kept it in setup mode while setting it up?

If you "pass" the steps it won't show anymore. Have you kept it in setup mode while setting it up?
Yeah had it in setup mode and it just disappeared, i havnt got the full 100% complete and its still not showing :s

Top Bottom