Profile Completion Steps [Paid] [Deleted]

Not sure if this has been answered in the thread, user info progress appears where the notices usually are, is it a notice or what?
The progress info, can it be moved elsewhere, fx sidebar? I am using xfrocks widgets in the sidebar, can it be added as a xfrocks widget, so I can move it around?

The progress is shown in the notices areas like a notice and/or in the sidebar. However I won't support any of the current sidebar solutions, I have my own solution in the works to bring that functionality to my add-ons.

I'd like to add friend-inviter to this addon so that users share your site, it seems to be a regular step on all major sites and it is integral to site growth.

I am behind on like everything so never noticed the 1.2 release. I might not be able to get it updated for beta 1. I have extra free time this weekend so hopefully I can get everything under control.
Do what you can, anything is appreciated and I hope you have a good weekend. :)
Are you willing to share any numbers? Have you seen activity go up? :)
I don't have any handy but I know it's helped for a few reasons. More users are filling out their profile which includes some profiles fields targeted to the site, and I know we've had more intro threads than we would have without the mod.

I just tested this on 1.2 and all seems to work fine. So there won't be any updates coming to this any time soon unless a bug pops up. The updates when they come will be to add to the registration system creating steps for people to undergo after registration.

I just tested this on 1.2 and all seems to work fine. So there won't be any updates coming to this any time soon unless a bug pops up. The updates when they come will be to add to the registration system creating steps for people to undergo after registration.
You tested the version up before on 1.2?
I had it installed on my site when I upgraded and had to shut it down because it created errors.

Can we sell our licences? this plugin has never ever worked for me and ive never used it after uninstalling it brought my site down.

This is what I get when the mod is enabled and anyone tries to post.

The post does go through, if that helps.

Code:
The following error occurred:
Argument 1 passed to Merc_ProfileCompletion_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/MyWebSite/public_html/library/sonnbStopSpamHere/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 191 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Merc/ProfileCompletion/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 5
    Merc_ProfileCompletion_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in sonnbStopSpamHere/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 191
    sonnbStopSpamHere_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 441
    XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 1126
    XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 589
    XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 548
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/MyWebSite/public_html/index.php at line 13

Here is the fix for an error like the one above.

Change

In XF 1.1.x it is:
PHP:
protected function _discussionPostSave(array $messages)

But in XF 1.2 it is:
PHP:
protected function _discussionPostSave()

in this file
Merc/ProfileCompletion/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php

Last edited:
Reactions: LPH
and risk it corrupting my server again? No thanks.. Lesson learned..
Well this sounds like user error to me. No add-on can just corrupt your server. You can only sell your license by essentially selling your account however I can act as the middle man and edit the account username and stuff to do it or something. Or maybe remove from your account and add to another. Otherwise you will have to wait for a site update which will support refunds, store credit and possibly selling licenses.

But to answer your question if you somehow sell your license to someone I'm not going to take an action against it.

Well this sounds like user error to me.
Thats entirely possible...
All i know is i've never been able to successfully uninstall this product. Some attempts have been dreadfully disastrous and others have simply produced errors and did not complete.. Actually it still sits installed but otherwise 100% inoperable in my ACP to this day.. To make things worse is that the product just never worked from the get go for me. I can appreciate your attempt to rectify the situation i certainly have no disrespect for you or your products.. I use your Donation Manager with great success and have for a few years now.. Good Stuff!!

Thats entirely possible...
All i know is i've never been able to successfully uninstall this product. Some attempts have been dreadfully disastrous and others have simply produced errors and did not complete.. Actually it still sits installed but otherwise 100% inoperable in my ACP to this day.. To make things worse is that the product just never worked from the get go for me. I can appreciate your attempt to rectify the situation i certainly have no disrespect for you or your products.. I use your Donation Manager with great success and have for a few years now.. Good Stuff!!
I can give you manual uninstall instructions if you like or we can try get it working properly...

Top Bottom