XF 1.5 Polls & Text Boxes not appearing

countryside

Hello,
I have been working on my site for a while, and I have been given the same bug over and over again. These are the two most common things I am told:
The bug was with starting a thread. The large text box for the actual post would be missing until you refreshed the page and the ability to make a poll with more than 2 responses was not working. You can click the "Additional Answers", but it never did anything. All fixed after refreshing the page.

I tried to create a new poll, but it only gives space for 2 answers and then when I tried to "add choices" it did not work.

I have been told by about five people that after reloading the page, it is fixed. I have also been told that the text box to put content in the thread is often missing.

I have asked, and they have been using both Safari and Chrome. So, this is most likely not a browser issue. I think it may be an issue with my theme (@Mike Creuzer), but I am not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Looking at the source of your site, all the <script> tags have been moved to the bottom as well. This may well be relevant. (It also looks like there's some sort of HTML minification/modification happening by the lack of tabs.)

Looking at the source of your site, all the <script> tags have been moved to the bottom as well. This may well be relevant. (It also looks like there's some sort of HTML minification/modification happening by the lack of tabs.)
I have the add-on Defer JS installed and I have some NavBar tabs hidden.. Could any of these things be causing it?

First thing is totally disable RocketLoader and see if that resolves the issue. It can cause issues with the more than the editor. Then you can start eliminating from there.
I use the same Defer JS add-on most likely on both of my sites and it doesn't cause any issues.

First thing is totally disable RocketLoader and see if that resolves the issue. It can cause issues with the more than the editor. Then you can start eliminating from there.
Could this by any chance make the text size for unread conversation and alerts giant whenever you hover over the icon? Also, I disabled it.

Could this by any chance make the text size for unread conversation and alerts giant whenever you hover over the icon? Also, I disabled it.
Odds are that is a style issue for the hover link. To know for sure you will have to examine the CSS code when you hover over them to see what they show.

View -> Developer -> Developer Tools
That way you can see the CSS of the page.
Or you can mouse over the link and then (if using a track pad) use two fingers on the pad and choose inspect.
Do you have a link to one of the polls you are having issues with?

View -> Developer -> Developer Tools
That way you can see the CSS of the page.
Or you can mouse over the link and then (if using a track pad) use two fingers on the pad and choose inspect.
Do you have a link to one of the polls you are having issues with?
This probably isn't what you are asking for, but:
Code:
<a href="conversations/" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget">
<i class="uix_icon uix_icon-inbox"></i>
<strong class="itemCount Zero" id="ConversationsMenu_Counter" data-text="You have %d new unread conversation(s).">
<span class="Total">0</span>
<span class="arrow"></span>
</strong>
</a>

Top Bottom