1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Polls & Text Boxes not appearing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by ncbetz, Jun 21, 2016.

1. ncbetz

ncbetz Formerly Noah Betz

Hello,
    I have been working on my site for a while, and I have been given the same bug over and over again. These are the two most common things I am told:
    I have been told by about five people that after reloading the page, it is fixed. I have also been told that the text box to put content in the thread is often missing.

I have asked, and they have been using both Safari and Chrome. So, this is most likely not a browser issue. I think it may be an issue with my theme (@Mike Creuzer), but I am not sure.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Are you by chance using CloudFlare and have RocketLoader enabled?

3. ncbetz

I am using CloudFlare, let me check about RocketLoader.

4. ncbetz

5. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Try disabling Rocket Loader and see if that helps.

6. Tracy Perry

If you have RocketLoader enabled, odds are that is your issue. It is known to cause problems. You have to do specific exclusions of JS files to get it to work and is typically more problems than it is worth. That's why I call it Rocket <exP>loader.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looking at the source of your site, all the <script> tags have been moved to the bottom as well. This may well be relevant. (It also looks like there's some sort of HTML minification/modification happening by the lack of tabs.)

8. ncbetz

9. ncbetz

I have the add-on Defer JS installed and I have some NavBar tabs hidden.. Could any of these things be causing it?

10. Tracy Perry

First thing is totally disable RocketLoader and see if that resolves the issue. It can cause issues with the more than the editor. Then you can start eliminating from there.
    I use the same Defer JS add-on most likely on both of my sites and it doesn't cause any issues.

11. ncbetz

Could this by any chance make the text size for unread conversation and alerts giant whenever you hover over the icon? Also, I disabled it.

12. Tracy Perry

Odds are that is a style issue for the hover link. To know for sure you will have to examine the CSS code when you hover over them to see what they show.

13. ncbetz

So the poll issue is fixed, thanks to everyone who helped!

So would I use Inspect Element or look in my style properties?

14. Tracy Perry

If using Chrome.. the developer tools. You have the ability to see the :hover aspect

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 12.14.06 AM.png

15. ncbetz

I have Safari. What do you mean :hover aspect (sorry)?

16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

He means if you select that option you can see what the styling is like when hovering over it without actually hovering over it.

17. ncbetz

I installed Chrome to my Mac. What is next?

18. Tracy Perry

View -> Developer -> Developer Tools
    That way you can see the CSS of the page.
    Or you can mouse over the link and then (if using a track pad) use two fingers on the pad and choose inspect.
    Do you have a link to one of the polls you are having issues with?

19. ncbetz

This probably isn't what you are asking for, but:
    Code:
    <a href="conversations/" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget">
    <i class="uix_icon uix_icon-inbox"></i>
    <strong class="itemCount Zero" id="ConversationsMenu_Counter" data-text="You have %d new unread conversation(s).">
    <span class="Total">0</span>
    <span class="arrow"></span>
    </strong>
    </a>

20. Tracy Perry

No, the screens will have this in them (or similar)

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.55.06 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.55.15 AM.png