1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug PM not working right?

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by pirock, Apr 28, 2013.

1. pirock

pirock Member

Hi, when I was on one of my test websites, I remembered that I had disabled private messaging. ( I did it by doing this: ACP >Options> User Registration> Initiate Conversation With This User> Nobody), and today, I tried to turn it back on ( ACP >Options> User Registration> Initiate Conversation With This User> Members Only). But then when I refreshed the page the 'start a conversation' button still didn't show up!

So then, I went on another test website of ours, which, I know private conversations are allowed and just to be sure I double checked that in my profile page, the 'start a conversation' button was there. But when I turned it off(through ACP >Options> User Registration> Initiate Conversation With This User> Nobody), and then refreshed my pages, the 'start a conversation' button was still there! It was really weird.

Could someone tell me how to resolve this problem? Is this a bug? Thanks a lot!

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

3. pirock

pirock Member

I see. So if we set user registration default as Initiate Conversation With This User>Nobody, then AFTER user registered on our site, how do we change that to allow the existing users Initiate Conversation with other members only?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your best bet is to post in support forums after associating your license.