Fixed hCaptcha registration verification not working + no server error log entry

Mouth

Affected version
2.2.0 b6
With hCaptcha selected @ /admin.php?options/groups/usersAndRegistration/ (use invisible unticked), new user registration are failing hCaptcha verification.
Double checked through hCaptcha dashboard that both site key and secret key are correct, as well as both production domain and development test domain (eg. mydomain.com & dev.mydomain.com) are entered into hCaptcha dashboard's "General Information | Hostnames (optional)" section.

When completing registration, the hCaptcha 'tick' is shown representing successful verification, yet submitting the registration form still gives a hCaptcha processing error, and registration does not complete.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 00.09.57.webp

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 00.10.10.webp

There is nothing in the Server Error Log @ /admin.php?logs/server-errors/ regarding this error/issue.

Even if I remove the domains at the hCaptcha dashboard, user registration still fails with the above issue.

We've been using hCaptcha here since we switched to 2.2 without issue. I have also just tried it without the invisible option and it worked as expected. However, I have just looked over the API and I think there could be certain cases where this could error unexpectedly, so I've made some changes, along with adding logging for errors that relate to incorrect admin settings (site key/secret being wrong).

If you're comfortable applying a diff, try that and see if it resolves the issue. Otherwise, let us know if you still have problems with this in RC2.

Attachments

Top Bottom