1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Playing With Color

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Brilliant! I like it...it's the best skin recolor generator for a forum.

AmericanForum.com likes this.
  2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Again, showing us the software is wider :)

3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Yes, for the sake of other software, to give them still a fighting chance :p

krstep, Peggy and Onimua like this.
  4. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Very nice!

5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

thats looking pretty sexy.

6. Darfuria

Darfuria Active Member

When you revert back to the original colours, what colours are being reverted to? The original defined colour palette? A default colour palette defined by the theme/template being used, or just the colour palette prior to that session's changes?

James likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would guess the original colours for the style.

8. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

AmericanForum.com likes this.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

I am curious about this too!

10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

The colours to which you revert depend upon the hierarchical arrangement of the styles. I'll do a quick video to demonstrate...

feldon30, Darfuria and James like this.
  11. Kier

12. Poltergeist

Poltergeist Active Member

Kier when you setup new colors for a style is there a way to save the settings to external file (export then import)? I would probably play with colors on a test site and then add them to the production site. Or if I did do it on a production site and I liked the setup I would probably put it on my other sites. Is there a way to do this or would I have to copy the color each element to other sites?

13. Kier

You can easily import and export styles in XenForo.

14. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

Hooray!

15. ijeffers

ijeffers Active Member

\o/

It really is that simple? That's going to make tuning my light style into a darker one for people who complained about it dead easy!

James likes this.
  16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it's not as simple as clicking "invert", one of the reasons being that all the transparent gradients do not work so well on top of dark colors. I'm hoping that they provide "dark" versions of the gradients to make creating a dark style as easy as possible. :)

17. tickedon

tickedon Active Member

Really looking forward to this. We use our forums as a support method for software we sell, so it should make it simpler than ever to get our corporate colours incorporated. Can't wait for the XenForo release :)

18. HydraulicJack

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

Voila indeed! It's this kind of direct and immediate interaction with the user base, backed by exceptional skill and creativity with rapid implementation, that is making XF the top dog, imo.

Onimua and AmericanForum.com like this.
  19. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

And then code it so that when dark colors are picked, the dark color gradients are automatically used in the style.

20. Darat

Darat Member

The bloke who originally designed our vBulletin 3.5 style (http://forums,randi.org) had a site that you could do that with and it is really useful for "instantly" creating new styles - we were able to offer a range of styles for the posters without having to alter a line of code/template/css.  Good to see something similar and built-in here. 

Been Told likes this.