1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Playing With Color

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I think it's not a good idea. If we need some personalization, we can create as admin 10/20 recolor of the basic skin, and offer the choice to the users.

2. atomjani

atomjani New Member

Yes. But we can show favorite style list.:)

3. Omar

Omar New Member

nice
    thancks :)

4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

This is. :confused: Just look under the Appearance tab and look for the color palette.

HydraulicJack likes this.
  5. Neeto

Neeto Member

Hey, now. That' sweet. You guys have some interesting stuff here....

6. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Awesome. Great stuff

7. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I've seen this asked in this thread, but I don't think I saw the answer. Is there a way to offer only the color changer to the members? This would allow us to define a structure of the site and a default style, but then give the members the ability to completely customize the site to their liking.

This would create member loyalty I think, allowing them this ability.

Is it possible? Is there a down side to something like this?

Great work Kier!

Jamie

8. kaoticnick

kaoticnick Member

I'm JUST discovering this feature! And I'm glad I did! My forum needed a more "custom" look! :D Love it! Could this software be any more awesome? :O

Guess we'll find out in 1.1 :)

9. Regina Ortega

Regina Ortega Active Member

Help i was playing with it, and i cannot back the original xenforo colors; i thought that using the button undo changes will put everything to the original colors :(

10. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Top left corner of the colour palette under the first slider you have the invert button and Revert All box, tick that box and then click update style properties, this should revert all of the colours.

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unless the master style has been modified, which would only be possible if debug mode was enabled.

12. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I'm probably being an idiot, but did you change the actual xenForo forum when making this video?

13. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Correct.

Liam W likes this.
  14. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be, well, rather stupid?

15. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

The test style isn't available to the public to begin with, and these features are well-tested before they are pushed to xenforo.com so they don't break existing things.

16. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Kier did this on his local setup.

You can reset to default colors with just a few clicks so it wouldn't have mattered.

17. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

It did say xenforo.com in the address bar in the video :p

18. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Maybe it was then; I haven't watched the video since it was originally posted.

19. Vitaly

Vitaly Member

Amazing tutorial.