1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plans for mods ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MtoR, Aug 1, 2010.

1. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I am a vB developper, known as vBDev and author of one of the most used chatbox for vB. A customer sent me the link to this place and I must say that so far I find this new forum software pretty handy, the navigation and user experience is nice and smooth.

I therefore wanted to know if you could tell us more about your plans on third party mods ? Will you the software embed easy access point to location of the code (hooks) and the possibility to create products (perhaps in a better way ofc ?) like we do on the vB platform ?

Any sneak peek on this side would be interesting :)

Cya

2. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

I'd imagine they're building a easily extendable system with modern coding.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

HI there, good to have you here!

No plans yet, since the software is still very much in its infancy, altho it's more stable than other forum scripts that I won't name. :D
    Still, please stay tuned, Kier and Mike have been, and will be, making announcements on this.

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

They say the plugin system will be pretty extensible using listeners etc so you better brush up on your OOP :p

5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

LOL when I saw OOP I thought you made a mistake. Then I got it.

I'll just be going for a coffee refill now...........

CBI Web likes this.
  6. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Well we shall see then :) I am looking forward to be able to play with the lil' baby he he.

7. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly you also released a great product for the multiaccounting scouting ... :) glad to see you here ... ;)

8. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Heh.

OO abbreviations to know:

OOP == Object Oriented Programming == Good
    OOM == Out Of Memory == BAD

;)

Actually REALLY looking forward to getting more info about the development environment too! :: rubbing hands in anticipation ::

Peggy likes this.
  9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

ha for me OOP means I made a REALLY big mistake. i.e. OOOPPPPPSIE! :eek:

10. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

OOM == Out Of Mana :D Ok the geekie gamer is out :)

Hu ?! I don't see what you are talking of :eek:
    Which mods are you talking about ? I think you are misrecognizing me ^^

11. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

Lets hope that there will be a decent modification community or element for XF ;)

12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

There will be a nice community for mods and i really mean a community.

13. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Well I am sure you can count of that :)

Lots of coders I talk with are seeking to move forward to xenforo.

14. Rinunez

Rinunez New Member

I preffer something like: mods.xenforo.com than: xenforo.org ;)

Dao Hoang Son likes this.
  15. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

Good. And lets hope the platform for which modifications are built on will be one that won't change just that little bit with every release like vB ;)

16. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

The modification community will be right here bro.

17. Chris M

Chris M Active Member

I don't suppose what the site is called really matters. For it to be mods.xenforo.com it would really have to be an officially endorsed site, something that may happen in the future but right now I imagine the Dev Team have more pressing issues and concerns than to put their hand to a modification site right now ;)

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

The official mod community will be right here at xenForo.com. There won't be any "we don't support modified code, you'll have to go to xenForo.org for support".
    I'm sure that other coders will open their own sites to offer mods for xF, but this will be the official modding site.

Abomination likes this.
  19. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Yep Kier confirmed that the mods community will all be within this same site. Hopefully he will build a customer repository for it also that keeps proper track of versioning etc

20. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

That's a good thing :) Not supporting modified code and not helping coder community wans't such a good thing.

Peggy likes this.