Plans for mods ?

XFA

Hi there,

I am a vB developper, known as vBDev and author of one of the most used chatbox for vB. A customer sent me the link to this place and I must say that so far I find this new forum software pretty handy, the navigation and user experience is nice and smooth.

I therefore wanted to know if you could tell us more about your plans on third party mods ? Will you the software embed easy access point to location of the code (hooks) and the possibility to create products (perhaps in a better way ofc ?) like we do on the vB platform ?

Any sneak peek on this side would be interesting :)

Cya

HI there, good to have you here!

No plans yet, since the software is still very much in its infancy, altho it's more stable than other forum scripts that I won't name. :D
Still, please stay tuned, Kier and Mike have been, and will be, making announcements on this.

No plans yet, since the software is still very much in its infancy, altho it's more stable than other forum scripts that I won't name. :D
Still, please stay tuned, Kier and Mike have been, and will be, making announcements on this.

Well we shall see then :) I am looking forward to be able to play with the lil' baby he he.

Hi there,

I am a vB developper, known as vBDev and author of one of the most used chatbox for vB. A customer sent me the link to this place and I must say that so far I find this new forum software pretty handy, the navigation and user experience is nice and smooth.

I therefore wanted to know if you could tell us more about your plans on third party mods ? Will you the software embed easy access point to location of the code (hooks) and the possibility to create products (perhaps in a better way ofc ?) like we do on the vB platform ?

Any sneak peek on this side would be interesting :)

Cya

if i remember correctly you also released a great product for the multiaccounting scouting ... :) glad to see you here ... ;)

Heh.

OO abbreviations to know:

OOP == Object Oriented Programming == Good
OOM == Out Of Memory == BAD

;)

Actually REALLY looking forward to getting more info about the development environment too! :: rubbing hands in anticipation ::

Heh.

;)

Actually REALLY looking forward to getting more info about the development environment too! :: rubbing hands in anticipation ::
ha for me OOP means I made a REALLY big mistake. i.e. OOOPPPPPSIE! :eek:

Heh.

;)

OOM == Out Of Mana :D Ok the geekie gamer is out :)

if i remember correctly you also released a great product for the multiaccounting scouting ... :) glad to see you here ... ;)

Hu ?! I don't see what you are talking of :eek:
Which mods are you talking about ? I think you are misrecognizing me ^^

I preffer something like: mods.xenforo.com than: xenforo.org ;)

I don't suppose what the site is called really matters. For it to be mods.xenforo.com it would really have to be an officially endorsed site, something that may happen in the future but right now I imagine the Dev Team have more pressing issues and concerns than to put their hand to a modification site right now ;)

The official mod community will be right here at xenForo.com. There won't be any "we don't support modified code, you'll have to go to xenForo.org for support".
I'm sure that other coders will open their own sites to offer mods for xF, but this will be the official modding site.

The official mod community will be right here at xenForo.com. There won't be any "we don't support modified code, you'll have to go to xenForo.org for support".
I'm sure that other coders will open their own sites to offer mods for xF, but this will be the official modding site.

That's a good thing :) Not supporting modified code and not helping coder community wans't such a good thing.

Top Bottom