1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permission Nodes gone wrong?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jake Hakoda Shirley, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Jake Hakoda Shirley

Jake Hakoda Shirley Active Member

It seems when ever I change permissions from the default settings, it makes it so I can't do anything.

Example:

1) Go to 'News' forum.
    - I am able to move, close, delete threads.
    2) Edit permissions to allow admins (my current group) to ALLOW everything for the 'News' forum, changing from INHERIT.
    - I am not able to post or anything in there.

any suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This will more than likely be something to do with cumulative permissions either at user, usergroup or node level.

I would recommend reading the help manual on Permissions and Usergroups to get a better understanding of how they work together.

Permissions | XenForo
    User Groups | XenForo

There isn't really the concept of "default settings". Users only have the permissions which are granted to them.

3. Jake Hakoda Shirley

Jake Hakoda Shirley Active Member

Thanks a ton Brogan for those links and the extremely speedy reply! I guess I assumed I was an all-knowing master of forum software. Very interesting the way permissions are set up. I got them working perfectly, and look forward to using them some more in the future.

Once again, thanks!

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Glad to hear you got it sorted and the help manual was of some use :)