XF 2.1 Add-on installation gone wrong S9e

tribedude

We tried to install the S9e add-on and it produced a pile of error messages relating to permissions. The developer said to 777 the permissions in the internal data directory and this has no effect

Now it seems like the installation is hung. It wont install, we can't seem to unistall it. and it has produced the following error message at the top of the page.

Attachments

• incomplete-installation.webp
    incomplete-installation.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 17
What? One should always take a backup before installing/upgrading any addons, styles or XF. So if something does go wrong, you restore the backup before the site was affected. That is SOP.
Ideally, sure, one would have a staging server for that. However, we don't know whether there's a backup or how old it is.

The permissions are set as you suggested.
I didn't specify but you have to set the permissions recursively in all subdirectories as well. Probably the existing files too so that XenForo can delete them when necessary. If you still get the same error message, it means the subdirectories are not writable.

If you can't set those permissions yourself, it should only take a minute to your admin.

Yeah, I suspect there's still a problem with the permissions somewhere. He'd know for sure if he were to try to install another addon and ran into the same problem.

Ideally, sure, one would have a staging server for that. However, we don't know whether there's a backup or how old it is.

I didn't specify but you have to set the permissions recursively in all subdirectories as well. Probably the existing files too so that XenForo can delete them when necessary. If you still get the same error message, it means the subdirectories are not writable.

If you can't set those permissions yourself, it should only take a minute to your admin.

Which "all subdirectories" are you talking about. Can you be specific? This is in the internal_data directory?

Top Bottom