1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How do you cancel a manual rebuild process gone wrong?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Anthony Parsons, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

A problematic add-on, gone wrong, caused it, however, trying to run the process just keeps causing the same error to appear, thus getting nowhere. I have disabled the add-ons, but still can't get past it -- thus the issue is that I can not install other stuff I have to do because the system is stuck.

Do the problem add-ons have to be removed, not just disabled, to get rid of it? Or is there a method I can use to cancel any such processes?

2. Anthony Parsons

Oh, I've run master rebuild already, didn't fix it.

Added: Ok, can't uninstall, same issue is hit, awaiting manual rebuild processes which are causing the error. Argh.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Generally it should give you the option to cancel it, but if it's hitting an error immediately, it may not end up being exposed. In that case, unfortunately it likely needs to be removed in the database directly (a single row for it in the xf_deferred table).

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  4. Anthony Parsons

Thanks Mike... I ended up going searching for it in there and discovered that. Put two and two together, hit delete, crossed fingers, and it worked.