Add-on [Paid Work] Photo Contest Script

gldtn

I need a script where I can run a photo contest in my forum.

• The system must run completly automated
  • Run monthly contest (Photo Entries in that month will only be voted on the beginning of next month)
  • User will be able to vote using the Xenforo like system or similar
  • Index page will show the photo contest stats (something like this: http://www.cssdesignawards.com/)
  • Monthly winner be announced on a forum of choice with the photo attached
  • A module for voting once the voting takes place (sidebar and forum list (toggle))
  • Only one entrie per user
  • Fully intergrated with xenforo (award trophies to winners and voters)
It would be really nice that once on the entry page, to allow users to vote using a similar xenforo like system. Where voters can like as many photos as he likes, and the system will the determine the winner that had the most likes! (something like this: http://www.cssdesignawards.com/css-web-design-award-nominees.php)

Hmm, I hope it makes since, anyone willing to write this? Shoot me a private message with your price!

I had/have a php script that does most of this. It may have been a VB integration but I do recall paying for the script. I can research and see if I can locate it as it has been years ago that I used it but it worked pretty well.

Wouldn't it be better to have such a feature integrated in a gallery?

Hmm.. I'm not sure, I think it will be best suited as a separate mod!

I've updated the first post and added some links to show kind of how I would like the system to work. Any coders out there want to make some cash?

is there an option to have this not necessary monthly, but generally - e.g. similar to "hot or not" ?
count me in for sharing the costs...... if it works properly

With all this cost splitting, I think the price of this mod is going up !
:)

Suggestion: you might consider that anytime someone submits a new photo ... that a thread in New Posts gets updated.
This helps to show traffic in your contest ... in the forums.

Idea: Photo Contest Widget.

new.photos.hideable.widget.webp

Something without the thumbnails could still alert interested parties of unseen submissions.

Idea2: All photo contest submissions auto-update a thread called "New Photo submitted to Photo Contest". People can then "Watch" the topic and receive Alerts about new submissions. However, ignoring this alert once, will prevent all further notifications.

Idea: Photo Contest Widget.

View attachment 13320

Something without the thumbnails could still alert interested parties of unseen submissions.

Idea2: All photo contest submissions auto-update a thread called "New Photo submitted to Photo Contest". People can then "Watch" the topic and receive Alerts about new submissions. However, ignoring this alert once, will prevent all further notifications.

Yes some type of alert system would be great. If not a thread, maybe just a watch page type of system(which I assume it would work like a watch thread) which would alert the user in the alert system everytime there is a new entry..

Awesome, seems like there is a good amount of people that is willing to pay for this, any coders interested?

Definitely would have to be fully integrated with the 'points' (upload pic = X, comment on pic = X, etc) and then also with the alerts system and recent activity as well.

Plus, a profile block and/or section with some thumbnails along with an option to enable a forum home block or section to display the 'most recent', 'random' or 'most popular' pictures as well. :D

For all of those that said they would split the cost, how much are you guys willing to put down on this?

It would be a better approach to secure a coder willing to do it and then divide the cost evenly among all of us. If we each say $50, then the coder will see this and (of course) quote something that would end up costing us $50 each, wouldn't they?

I counted 11 people that seems interested, including me. I have a coder that says that he would do it for $700, so it would cost each of us about $64.. If more people would be interest on this, we can all have this mod for a lot cheaper!

Let's say if we gather 20 people to split the cost, the mod would come out to as little as $35 dollars each ;)

I think it's fair game to have the 12 pay $64.

And then the 12 "own" it going forward, and charge people whatever they want !
It's almost like an economy where for some addons, you might "make money" and other times you purchase a developer and no one else buys it ... so you lose money.

Hmm ... interesting.

Top Bottom